13

Anna's POV
"Your quitting basketball? Why?" I asked her and she shrugged.

"It's not very fun anymore." She said and I frowned.

"I just keep running everyday and I'm gettin exhausted from this." She mumbled.

"Hey look at me." I said sitting in front of her.

I lifted her chin with only a finger. She just was on the edge of exhaustion ever since.

"Don't give up..." I said and she smiled.

"What do you think your gonna do after highschool?" I asked her.

"I was hoping to be a D1 basketball player." She said and I smiled.

"Than be one. I'm sure the coach is just pushing you as hard because he knows your talented at this." I said and she smiled.

"Cmon... first hour is getting started. We wouldn't be late." I said and we both got up to continue throughout our days.

I was hoping my motivation would help her. She's a talented person and I really don't think anyone in this school could meet up to her skills in the game. Not even the captain at this point.

~~~~~~

"Anna... Annaaaaa! ANNA!" I heard as I felt a slap in the back of my head.

"Ow! What was that for?!" I yelled as Eva looked at me.

"You keep staring off to sp-" Emma cut her off.

"She's staring at her." Emma said pointing at the girl who was sitting at a table.

"Ooh! Wait Cmon! I have an idea!" Emma yelled pulling Eva's hand and leaving the rest of us to watch.

When I realized they were going to sit at the table I tried getting up but I tripped when I found my shoes were tied together.

"Really..." I mumbled untying my shoes as quick as possible.

I was obviously too late when I saw them talking to her. It was strange... cause Cassidy didn't mind at all when they were talking to her.

"Oh my god! You know Anna is a pretty good soccer girl." I heard Eva said and I had heard enough of my cringes.

"Hi... yeah I need to speak with these two." I said smiling as Cassidy looked at me.

I pulled both Eva's and Emma's backpacks to the bathroom.

"Why in the living hell would you go over there!" I yelled and they just both snickered.

"She's really quiet..." Emma said.

"You guys never learn do you?" I muttered.

In freshman year I had the hugest crush on this one girl. And it turns out she was a fake. Only was in for the sex of the relationship and never came back for anymore.

My dumbass was afraid to talk to her when Eva and Emma did the same thing that they did to Cassidy.

They had talked to her and they all genuinely became good friend but that ended up bad too because she used them to get to me. Or more like to hook up with me.

"I think she's the one. She's so pretty! SHES PRETTIER UP CLOSE!" Emma yelled doing a happy dance in the bathroom.

We were interrupted when Cassidy walked in but when she saw us she walked right back out.

"Keep it calm... Cassidy doesn't like to talk much." I said as they looked at me.

I rushed out the bathroom to find Cassidy. You know to check if she was okay. I found her in the bathroom upstairs as she came out of the stall looking at me.

"Your friends seem nice..." she mumbled.

"Yeah... I'm sorry it was unexpected.." I said and she nodded.

I stood behind her and she was washing her hands. She didn't look at the mirror but when she went to get a paper towel she ran into me again.

"Fuck." She said and I laughed a little.

"Im sorry. I thought you'd look in the mirror and see me." I said and she shook her head.

She dried her hands and than fixed up her pretty brown hair. It was like chocolate brown hair and she pulled it off quite amazingly.

"I- uhm... I'm going to the gym... if you want to come with me." She said and I smiled.

"Okay. Just lemme get my bags real quick." I said and she nodded.

~~~~~~

Cassidy's

"N-No sir..." I mumbled as I was already out of breath.

Coach wanted all of us on the track since we lost last game. He told us it would do us some good but mainly it was my problem since I wasn't fast enough to run down the court and block it.

"READY! GO!" He yelled and the entire team ran down the track of a 100m.

I stayed with the team and didn't run as fast because I wanted to stay with the team.

We were back at the end of the line before coach gave us another call. I was exhausted...

When we reached down the end of the line everyone collapsed and I mean so did Zoey and she rarely ever gets tired.

"DAWSON!" He yelled and I looked at him.

"What makes you think you can't put 100% in both a game and practice?" He asked me and I shrugged.

"Run." He said and I got so tired of that word before I felt him behind me.

I looked to my right to see the soccer team. They were practicing on the field as the coach yelled at me again to run.

It was the same sentence over and over again. 'Run it faster and harder' he said and about this time I could feel the burn in my legs.

I dropped at the end of the line after doing at least 5 sets.

"You wanna run it again RUN IT!" He yelled has I felt him grab my face.

"Coach!" We heard as the soccer coach. Coach Lance has been watching me.

"What have I told you about this. You use different methods. Not just running!" She yelled and I was so tired.

"Run down and back in less than 23 seconds and I'll let you off the hook." He said as I got up.

Seeing myself as I didn't make it the coach got angry. He didn't let Coach Lance stop him from making me run again.

At this point my legs have out in the middle of it and I just collapse right in the middle.

I just know there were eyes on me. Everyone was looking.

"You worked her too hard. At this point she's not gonna want to do this sport anymore and that's on you..." I heard as I saw someone standing over me.

"Your... weak." I heard and of cours dit was Zoey who was joking around.

She lended me a hand and put my arm over her shoulder. I practically could drag my feet but I didn't want to make it harder for her.

I sat against a fence while Zoey got her water. She had iced water in a hydro flash so it stayed cold throughout the day.

"Cmon drink up." She said and I grabbed it.

I could feel my hand shaking but I took a drink and it was almost the most refreshing thing I had.

The basketball team were all on the bleachers taking a break including Zoey to leave me alone while I sat against the fence.

At that moment everything went black... I think I hit my head on a brick next to me when I could feel a pain on the side of my head.

A/n

I didn't know lime salt was a thing...