62

Cassidy's Pov
His body dropped to the floor... I pulled Chase as he hugged me tight.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to say any of that. Your the best sister ever I promise you are. I'm sorry." He sobbed.

"I-It's okay. Go to the neighbors house now." I said and he looked at me.

There was a pool of blood around me. Our parents were out to dinner for the night and then going to their jobs.

"Go!" I yelled and he ran out of the house.

I struggled to grab the house phone. I got up and held my stomach. That's where he shot me.

I didn't dial 911... I just killed a man. I dialed Anna's number.

"Hey what's up?" She said.

"He's back. Fuck... I shot him dead." I mumbled.

I heard her tired screech. She must have turned around.

"Hold on I'm coming." She said.

"Who did you shoot dead." She said.

"King." I said.

"Why didn't you call 911?" She said and crashed through the floor.

"Cass?" I heard her say.

"I shot him he's dead. I don't wanna go to jail." I said.

My eyes went really heavy. I whimpered when the pain came in. The adrenaline ended and I was in so much pain...

"Cass!" I heard.

Anna's pov
"911 what's your emergency?"

"We have a trespasser. Runaway criminal. Mr.King. Turn on the north Avenue and go on Westbrook Street. 17231." I said reaching the house.

I didn't bother to shut my door I went and saw him with a bullet hole in his head.

"Ma'am? What's your name?" She asked me.

"Anna... Anna Shumate."

I saw Cassidy on the floor. She was shot too? I jumped over and she had lost consciousness.

"No no no..." I mumbled.

"What's wrong?" The person in the phone said.

"I-I need a ambulance now!" I yelled.

I put Cassidy in my lap. I put a cloth on the bullet wound.

"It's okay... I promise everything is gonna be okay." I mumbled.

"Where's Chase?" I mumbled looking around.

"Don't worry Anna the police and ambulance is on their way. Is the attacker attacking you?" She asked me.

"No he's dead." I said not wanting to look at him.

When they got here they took the dead body up and took Cassidy into the hospital. I felt someone run towards me.

It was Chase...

"TELL ME SHES GONNA BE OKAY." He said.

"I'm sorry Chase we don't yet. Call your parents and tell them I'll meet them at the hospital!" I said.

They shut the ambulance doors as I looked at Cassidy. I took the hair out of her face.

"We have doctors here. Everything's gonna be okay I promise." I said.

When we arrived to the hospital I was stopped.

"Sorry ma'am your not allowed to be in there." She said and I nodded watching them take Cassidy down.

I met her parents as her mom hugged me. I saw Chase and he was in tears.

"I-I tried protecting her but instead she protected me!" He sobbed.

"Well thats what older sisters do. They take care of you." I said and he sobbed.

"She's gonna be okay." I said.

"I treated her so bad..." He said sniffling.

"But she's gonna be okay..." I said and he shook his head no.

"I treated her bad. I said she was the worst sister ever." He said.

"Sweetie she will be okay." His mom said.

I bounced my leg up and down. I told Eve to come get me some normal clothes since I was still in my suit.

"What the fuck happened!" Eva whispered.

"You know the guy that... raped her." I mumbled not wanting to attract attention.

"He broke in the house and she used self defense and shot him." I whispered.

Me and her went into the girls bathroom as I changed.

"So have you guys gotten an update?" Eva asked me and I shook my head no.

"Oh well update me." Eva said and I nodded.

When we came out I sent Eva home and waited for the doctor.

When he came he looked at clipboard.

"Well... the bullet was about 2mm from the left of her spine. So it barely misses so that's good."

"She's good she's in ICU we will bring her out shortly after tests are runner. Do you have any relatives sickness that we need to know about?" He said and her dad shook her head no.

"Alright. She'll be out soon." He said and we all nodded.

~~~~~~

I sat in the hospital. I went up to find the vending machines when I came across the ICU. I saw Cassidy and she was hooked up.

She was awake too. I got Chase a snack and let him have it before I waited by the vending machines acting like I was getting something.

When they started moving her I smiled when she was awake.

They moved her to a room and shut the door. I looked through the glass window as the doctor was talking to her.

When he opened the door he let me in.

"Well... no internal injuries although we did have to transfer some blood. But after that you should be able to be released in a few days. We just wanna run some extra tests to make sure." He said and Cassidy nodded.

I came to her bedside and sat next to her. She smiled and we engaged a conversation when the family interrupted.

"CASSIE!" Chase yelled.

He hugged her and said sorry over and over again.

"It's okay... I accept your apology." She said and he smiled.

He sat next to me as her parents were making sure she was okay.