48

Cassidy's Pov
"Hey." I heard seeing Zoey sitting down next to me.

Usually she sits down with the basketball part of the group but she sat next to me.

"Wanna share a sandwich?" She asked getting a subway sandwich out.

"No thanks." I mumbled.

"Cmon you need to eat for todays game. You know how many new people are gonna screw the game up." She said and I smiled.

"I'm okay. I have some water... chips. I'll be alright." I said and she nodded.

"So how's you and Anna going?" she asked me with food in her mouth.

"Uhm... I rather not." I muttered and she nodded.

"Well Im always here." She said and I nodded.

"I can sabotage Anna for you too." She said and I shook my head.

"No don't do that." I said and she shrugged.

"I thought that would be funny." She muttered and I shook my head no.

"It really wouldn't. That would be rude." I said and she nodded.

"Well hey. Maybe this game will you get you off your mind." She said.

"Maybe...." I muttered.

~~~~~~

I walked out of the lockeroom sitting next to Zoey who was gonna be benched for half the season because of her knee.

"You ready?" She asked me and I nodded.

"The way I see it. Number 5 likes to go left. And number 2 likes to foul." She said and I nodded.

"And hey good luck." I smiled she isn't so bad.

She's gotten a lot nicer since last year so it was good. She just needed a little time and I get that. Maybe the same with Anna?

"The starter players! Cassidy Dawson, Junior! Kaylee Miller, Sophomore! Taytum Hendrix, senior! Jayla Dean, Senior! Victoria Blake, Sophomore!" The announcers yelled.

We all stepped up as they started to announce the other starter players. The court was smooth. It was redone over the break repainted and more clear to see a free-line row.

I didn't have enough to buy both me and chase new basketball shoes so I kept my old ones.

The new shoes of other teammates and enemies were clean to the bright white to darkest black of the sole on the bottom of the shoe.

we lined up and let Kaylee go since she was the tallest. They both jumped up and Kaylee passed the ball to me making me run down the court and shoot the ball in.

The crowd went wild... I even saw Anna watching me but I didn't bother to see why. She has a new person which is the person on the same team as I am... just great.

~~~~~~

After winning the first game of the season I went down into the lockers. Everyone left and I was texting my mom and seeing when she was gonna be home.

I heard giggling from the hallway when I looked up the door opener and there they were. Taking a heated makeout. They stopped when they realized I was here.

"Oh... hey Cassidy." Victoria spoke up making herself look presentable as if Anna just didn't have her hand down her shorts.

"Do you mind?" She mumbled.

"Oh Cmon Vic we can go to your place." Anna said.

I packed up and started leaving. When I got out the door I let out a breath of relief.

"Hey!" I heard as I was making sure I had everything.

I turned around to see Anna. She's grown taller since last year as she looked at me.

"I'm sorry." She said.

"Why are you sorry. I don't believe you did anything wrong." I said.

"Wait so your just gonna pretend nothing ever happened between us?" She asked me and I shrugged.

"You've seem to have... it's okay. I'll be fine you just... go." I mumbled walking away and zoned out with whatever she said after.

"Hey bubba." I said seeing Chase hugging me.

"You were great." He said and I smiled.

"Mmm what about Chinese food? Than home." He said and I nodded.

~~~~~~

"Dawson" I heard seeing the coach who came into my first hour.

"Come here." She whispered as I looked at the teacher.

"You can go." She said.

"Take your stuff with you!" She whispered and I packed up going with her.

"So how's school treating you this year?" She asked me and I shrugged.

"I'm doing alright..." I mumbled.

"Where are we going?" I asked her.

"Your failing." She said and I looked at her.

"I'm gonna let you study do whatever you want sleep a little just get caught up. Cause right now you are not playing the next game." She said and I looked down.

"But hey... we're gonna get you up. You just need... a little push." She said and I nodded.

Coach Kale helped me through out math. I was partially good at history I just don't understand why we need to learn about people who are already dead. No offense to the people the made our country but I wanted to focus more on investing my money.

I wanted to get a job and be able to afford Chase new clothes. He's been wearing hoodies and jeans and it wants some sweatpants and shorts.

I needed new clothes. We're practically poor by the amount of my parents are away. They still try to hang out with us as much as they can but I get that they have a job.

"Are you good with kids?" she asked me and I looked at her.

"Uhm... I have a younger brother..." I said and she nodded.

"Me and my husband are going to a dinner... if I paid you would you watch my son?" She asked me.

"How old is he?" I asked her.

"He's 11... he's probably just gonna be playing video games but will you make sure he doesn't set the house on fire?" She asked.

"When?"

"Tomorrow? If you can. I'll pay you 50 and extra 20 if you can get him to sleep before we get home." She said and I nodded.

"Of course I can." And she smiled.

"This is why your my best player."

A/n

Hahaha imagine missing your running event because they switch your heats on you. Hahahah totally not embarrassing...