40

Cassidy's Pov
"Hey you!" I heard.

I turned around and found my ears buds being pulled. I didn't want to lose my AirPods so I used my ear buds.

"Aww did mommy not buy you a pair of AirPods." The girl said.

I stared at her and she just have gotten frustrated. She backed me up into a wall and I realized her jersey was purple and white.

She must be from another team...

"Fuckin say something. I stole your earbuds what are you gonna do?" She said.

"Your weird.." she said tossing my ear buds back.

I realized that she must have broken them when they didn't work.

"Why try them when they are broken you idiot." Ahe said as she showed me the part where it was rip in the middle.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled.

"What the fuck... why are you sorry." She said as her voice turned genuine.

"I must have done something to... upset you so I'm sorry." I muttered.

"Cass?" I heard seeing Anna.

When she saw the situation she came behind me.

"Why don't you piss off." She said and her tone wasn't normal.

I nearly jumped because I've never really heard that tone of hers.

"I was just-" the girl was cut off when Anna spoke again.

"Jesus... you got some anger issues." She said walking away.

I felt upset. That wasn't true she was just... helping me I could say.

"You think we could use glue to fix that?" Anna asked behind me has she put her hands on my shoulders.

"No they are torn." I said walking away.

Anna was right it was getting really hot. I started to break a sweat. I wiped it with my sleeve but I remembered I really didn't bring a shirt. I just left with a sweatshirt and a jersey underneath.

"Shit." I muttered going through my bag for a extra shirt but failed.

"What's wrong?"

"I forgot a shirt... I don't have time to go back to the hotel." I muttered.

"Just take mine." She said popping up a soccer white shirt.

"Are you sure?" I mumbled and she nodded.

I threw my earbuds in the trash can and went about with my day with no music. I can't risk losing my AirPods with millions of other greedy people to win against.

"Here." I heard beside me as Anna caught up to me.

"You can have them." She said as it was a pair of Apple earbuds.

"No thank you." I said.

"Are you sure? I really don't mind." She said and I shook my head.

"Thank you though." I said.

We walked around and watched as some people raced down the field. Some people were getting ready to go for the guns mark around the track.

"Shit your up for the 100 right?" Anna asked me and I nodded.

"Your next." She said pushing me down to the field where they find you lane and heat.

"Peyton!" I heard as someone from our team stood up.

"Cassidy!" My name was called soon after.

After seeing all the other names called they gave us a dice looking with numbers. I was in heat 1 which was soothe fastest.

"Ready to get your ass beaten." I heard as the girl behind me kicked my chair.

"What's a 5'5 person gonna do against me?" She said as she laughed with her friends.

"Ignore em. I've seen you run you'll do great." I heard as Peyton sat next to me.

"Just run as fast as you can." She said and I nodded.

"Watch her trip on the track." I heard.

We were released to go to the track starting line as I was in lane 3 in the middle of the track.

I got ready and started to push forward for the gun blow. When it did I felt someone push me to the ground making my head hit the ground. I didn't think but get up and push myself since the other players were already starting.

In the 3rd part just before the end I caught up but I wiped what I thought was sweat when I saw blood running down the side of my head.

I could hear people on the sideline fighting and telling me to go faster.

I didn't care right now I just pushed myself to the finish line. When I did it got second place which wasn't bad. When I collapsed on the field I saw a blurry person.

"That wasn't fair!!" I heard.

"She didn't get a fair chance to race!" I kept hearing.

"Hey how many fingers am I holding up?" I heard a familiar voice ask me.

"8?" I mumbled.

"Shit..." she whispered.

She helped me up and I saw that same girl who pushed me running down the track ending up in first.

"That really sucks. How you got second. Wait for our times and watch how I beat your fucking ass." She said.

But I stared at her and my sickness I threw up on her...

"What the fuck!!" She yelled.

"Let's get you to the side." Anna said as she wrapped my harm over her shoulders and her other arm wrapped around my waist.

She helped me up the bleachers. The coach got us an aid kit for my scrapes.

"Hey stay still." She whispered as she got a gauze pad with some hydrogen peroxide and she started to place it one the scrape making me wince.

"Let's wrap this up." She said getting some gauze and laying it on my knee where it had been damaged.

She cleaned the blood and wrapped my knee.

"We have Katelyn Ryder in the first of the 100 with a time 9.24 seconds! And Cassidy Dawson going in second with 9.39 seconds! And Bailey Hart with 3rd place a 10.01 seconds!" The comms said.

"You came second. That's good." Anna said sitting next to me.

"That wasn't a fair run. But you did a good job catching up. You still game for the 200 and 400?" The Coach asked me as I looked at him.

"Uhm yeah... I think." I said and he nodded.

A/n

Fag.