32

Cassidy's Pov
Lately in the mornings I go to the gym. I miss basketball but I really don't miss it to get back on the team.

I'm terrified to be on the team. Basketball was such a memory for me yet he had to ruin the one thing that kept me going.

I took my shot for a 3-pointer. Making it straight in the basket. I rebounded it from the wall and took up for a layup.

"I didn't expect to see you here." I heard seeing the soccer coach.

"Oh-... yeah." I mumbled dribbling the ball.

"Have you tried maybe taking up basketball again?" She asked me and I shook my head no.

"I'm good where I am right now..." I said and she nodded.

"The basketball coach is my friend who I trust very much." She said and I scoffed.

"They'll betray it one day." I said taking a free throw shot.

"Don't be afraid to ask if you want to be on the team again. You know they miss you." She said and I shook my head.

"No they don't. They miss winning. That's what they miss." I said.

"I'm the only use for winning that's all that matters." I said dribbling the ball and taking a random shot.

"I don't care if we win or not. I just miss seeing you on the court." I heard seeing Zoey.

"No you don't you miss winning that's all you miss. That's all you ever care about Zoey. That's why you wanted to lead the team as captain and win to get a stupid scholarship." I said and she sighed.

"Yeah yeah. I did. But that doesn't mean I don't miss you." She said stepping closer.

"Don't fucking touch me." I said stepping back.

"Cassie." I heard behind me seeing the entire team with a poster.

'We miss you!' It said and I just stared at it.

"I miss my buddy that talks to me the most." Blakely said coming straight up and hugging me.

"We also miss the person who took us to the state championship... and also made us lose the state championship." Caiden said as I looked at her.

I looked at her with a disgusted face when she realized she chose the wrong words. They still had my jersey and uniform clothes in a bag.

"You spot was never taken. It's still free." Zoey said from behind.

"Piss off." I muttered walking away.

Zoey's Pov
That was definitely not the reaction I was thinking of.

But she wasn't wrong. We missed the winning. Sure as hell the opposite team was happy that Cassidy was not there. I should have warned someone that this could have happened to her.

"I don't know anyway to convince her to come back." Blakely said sitting down.

"There's no way. She has to come back on her own. Think about it. Cassidy's entire future was evolved around basketball. Colleges, scholarships, and especially wanting to be a D1 basketball player." I said and everyone looked at me.

"Just imagine her going to college to be a doctor." I said and almost everyone laughed which I believe wasn't very funny.

Cassidy always had a hard time in school. Not that she didn't have time for homework or projects she always tried but never understood the concept and what to do.

She always tried her best but got the lowest grades in which she wasn't able to participate in games.

We offered a tutor but she didn't like speaking to people. I even tried helping her but it didn't work out very much.

Including her parents have never came to any of her games. Not once have they even tried. My family went to support her but she didn't care because her little brother was there for every game she had.

I find their relationship really cool. My brother just sits and plays video games not giving a fuck in this world.

Since Chase was autistic she did things differently with him. But when she was mad or sad or felt any emotions Chase always had a way to cheer her up even if she was happy. He was truly special to her and I don't know what she would do without him.

"So what do you think captain?" Selena asked me.

"We just have to get her to play basketball with us." I said and they all nodded.

I looked at someone who was walking in. It was that girl. The girl that always seems to be hanging around with Cassidy very often.

"Hey you!" I yelled and she looked at me.

"Is there any way you could convince Cassidy to come back?" I asked her practically pleading.

"No I'm sorry. She's given up." She said.

"Given up? What do you mean?" I asked her.

"Look at her. Her coach took advantage of her what makes you think she's gonna want to come back. She obviously needs someone to trust and that's not likely to happen." She said as she took her phone out after a ding.

"I have to go. I wish you good luck on your next game." She said and I groaned.

Anna's POV
There's a barely chance Cassidy could join back. I have an idea. What I said with needing someone to trust.

She gains trust by how much time you spend with her and when gets comfortable with you she starts to trust you. Like I did.

A/n

I'm gonna kms and than come alive again and kms again :)