35

Anna's POV
"We need Shumate and Dawson." I heard seeing a coach.

It was the track coach. His name being Coach Cromwell he took the both of us to the field.

"We need spots to be filled in for the 400m this year. And for you Dawson we want you to run the 100m and the 200m." He said and I looked at Cassidy.

"No." She said walking away.

"Please?" He said.

"I'll give you something. Free lunch whenever you want how many you want." He said and Cassidy just kept walking.

"Cass!" I yelled running after her.

"Why are you not agreeing." I said and she shrugged.

"I don't wanna do it." She said.

"It's just running... it's sport like basketball." I said and she brushed past me.

"No. I'll stick with my studies... that I'm miserably failing." She muttered the last par under her breath.

"Here. If I get all your grades up in less than a week? You join." I said and she laughed.

"That is impossible unless your sleeping with the teacher..." she said.

"No. I'm a friend of the new principal. I can get your grades to get higher." I said.

"Thanks but I wanna try..." she said.

The track meet was gonna be in 2 weeks meaning they would have to train us since our sports season ended and we had a choice to leave or keep going with the practices.

Me and Cassidy both decided to leave since it would be better for our mental health.

I decided to join the 400m run as well as a 200m too but Cassidy didn't care for track and kept trying to study.

Unfortunately her grades did not come up and she failed every test. She didn't ask for help she used the internet to help her.

People tried giving her answers but she refused because she wanted to try on her own.

"Cass let me just help you..." I mumbled as she was on her computer.

"I'm not gonna be able to get into college if I don't do this on my own." She said.

I sat behind her and she was focusing on creative writing for english. She was suppose to make an essay about something that made her happy.

The only thing she had was 'what makes me happy?' And she gave up getting frustrated.

"Fine. Just get my grades up." She muttered.

"Your giving up?" I said and she shut her computer laying down beside me.

"I give up with school." She mumbled.

"I'll get your grades up on one condition." I said and she looked at me.

"You join the track team with me because I literally don't know anyone." I said and she sighed.

"Fine whatever." She said turning on her other side.

I laid down next to her pulling her shirt from behind.

"What?" She said.

"Nothing."

I kept pulling her shirt playing with it. When she made me stop and turned around facing me.

"Hi." I said and she had a small smile.

"Hi Anna." She said.

"Cassie!!" We both heard seeing Chase bust through the room.

"Hi bubba." Cassidy said getting up.

"I want Cookie Monster ice cream." He said and she laughed.

"I'll get you some Cookie Monster ice cream later alright?" She said and Chase went into pout mode.

"But I want it now." He said.

I knew Chase was autistic and I loved the way Cassidy and Chase was because they truly had a good relationship.

"My treat." I said standing behind Cassidy who got up and turned around too fast running into me.

"Stop running into me." I said laughing.

"Shut up its not my fault your so close to me." She said.

I pulled her hand giving her a spin before actually letting her go.

I felt someone pull in my pant leg seeing Chase.

"Oh hey buddy." I said and he smiled.

"Are you coming with us?" He asked me.

"Yeah I'm coming with you guys. What's fun without me." I said and he laughed.

"I like her." He said as Cassidy looked at me.

She had a smile before Chase rushed her to change clothes.

~~~~~~

"You can choose 3 events or if you want do 4 I don't want to push it." The Coach said giving her a paper.

"I've never ran a 400 nor do I know how to run one." She said as I stood behind her.

"If you want we can train you for a 400. To see if you like running that. But I would recommend doing a 100 and a 200. Your a sprinter I think you should be running a short distance." He said and she nodded.

"As for you. Your going to run a 400 and a 200." He said and I nodded.

"We'd like you to come in after school. Run and than go home. We don't want to push it with you." He said and we both nodded.

"And that will be it." He said walking away.

"I didn't think you would join." We heard seeing Zoey.

"Yeah I didn't think I would ever get my grades up." Cassidy muttered as we joined the rest of the team who were running buildup to 150m.

"You ready?" I asked her getting on the line.

"Since when am I ever ready." She said and we took off and she ended up being in the lead.

Coach made her faster... by tormenting her but he made her faster...

A/n

"It'a just a book"