37

Anna's POV
"It's loud in here." Cassidy said as she was looking around the airport.

"You got AirPods or earbuds?" I asked her.

"Yeah but they are far down in my bag and I don't wanna get them." She said.

"Here. Focus on this." I said taking one of my AirPods out handing it to her.

It was just a normal chase Atlantic song as our coach guided us all outside to a bus.

"I wanna make sure everyone is here." The Coach said as we sat down in seats.

Once the names are all called out we headed our way to a hotel.

"Your gonna pair with the person you sat next to on the plane. Finally a room to myself." The Coach said as he muttered the last sentence to himself.

I looked at Cassidy who was nearing to fall asleep on me. I shook her a little and we got off the bus getting out suit cases and taking them in the hotel.

When we arrived our room Cassidy fell onto the bed but I heard yelp from her.

"Jesus how hard are these beds?" She said as I came over.

The bed was straight up bedrock. I went to the other bed and it was as soft and I mean you can have a whole ass dream and not wake up.

"You wanna share this bed?" I asked her and she looked at me.

"No not really if you feel uncomfortable." She said taking her suitcase on a bench that folds out.

"I don't mind." I said.

"Separate sides?" She asked me and I nodded.

"Cool." She said jumping in and under the covers.

"I am dying for sleep right now." She mumbled.

I smiled and went to the bathroom. After I came out Cassidy was fast asleep. I covered her up and decided to go get some coffee for the both of us.

She doesn't like coffee but I do. She likes to take a Chai tea or occasionally some white hot chocolate in the winter.

The coffee shop was across the hotel and j signed in with the coach and he said it was okay.

I got an ice chai tea for Cassidy and my coffee. We were gonna explore the track later and than all go out for food tonight.

I got back to the hotel and still saw her fast asleep. I set the cup on the nightstand next to us and than got on my phone.

I had my platform booming and my inbox filled with notifications. I'd get annoyed but at this point I was use to it and just scrolled on my fyp.

Now that I think of it... does Cassidy have TikTok? I decided to search her name up 'Cassidy Dawson' and it was a private account.

I asked for a follow but instantly regretted it because what if she finds out I'm an influencer?

Shit.

I looked at her moving around and she got awoken yawning. She groaned before turning over to my side.

"How long was that?" She asked me.

"Mmm and hour? Maybe 40mins?" I said and she groaned.

"I got you a chai tea." I said getting it.

"Ooh Chai. Thanks." She said taking a sip.

"You ready?" I asked her and she looked at me.

"For what?"

"We gotta get on the bus and go to the track. And than out for dinner." I said and she realized and nodded.

"Alright just lemme get my keys." She said.

"Why do you have your keys with you?" I asked her.

"I don't know. I always like to keep it on me. Makes me feel safe I guess." She mumbled.

She started her the back of her head and I realized I made a mistake.

"That's cool. I didn't mean it to be invading your privacy." I said.

"No it's okay. Let's just go..." she muttered and walked out.

"I'm sorry." I said holding her hand.

"No whatever it's fine..." she said and we continued to walk down.

I decided to drop it and maybe make up for her later. When we arrived at the track it must have been remade not too long ago.

It was smooth and we needed to have spikes. I had red ones while Cassidy was given black ones.

"This is a fresh track." Cassidy said.

"Means more runners are more likely to come here and practice. Especially for cardio workouts." She said sitting down on the fake grass that's so called turf.

She started to play with the fake black rocks they had and quickly made a pile of them on the ground.

"Do a quick 400 on the track to get use to it and than come back to the bus." He said and everyone got up.

Me and Cassidy decided just to relax and feel the track. After we were done we walked back.

After that we went to the restaurant. When Cassidy went to go to the bathroom she tugged at my pants before she left.

I thought something was wrong so I decided to check on her. I went inside and saw her sitting on the counter.

"You okay?" I asked her and she nodded.

"I just wanted to get time away from them. And the loud noises." She said and I nodded.

"Alright. Want me to stay?" I asked her and she shrugged.

"You don't have to." She mumbled playing with her fingers.

I leaned against the counter. We were about the same height now but I was taller by just a few inches.

I looked at her but she was already looking at me. I saw my hair in her hands and figured she was playing with it braiding them.

"Your hair is soft." She whispered and I smiled.

"Your hairs is soft too." I said turning around.

We were so close... so close.

She looked at me before drawing her eyes down to my lips but came back to mine real quick.

I did the same but as our faces got closer she begon to put her arms around my neck. I liked this....

When our lips connected those instant fireworks came off. This wasn't a peck... no this was a real one.