𝟎𝟎𝟗

Tamayo and Yushiro; Temari Balls

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

        "Seriously! It's not about the money! If you don't eat the udon I made, I'll never forgive you!" The udon stand owner yelled angrily while Tanjiro apologized profusely.

"And you! Are you going to eat?! Take that bamboo out of your mouth!"

Tanjiro took the chopsticks out of the man's hands and quickly ate two bowls of udon.

Y/N watched him worriedly as she ate her own bowl.

'Is that normal...?'

Once they finished eating, they thanked the man and left.

"Sorry we left you, Nezuko," Tanjiro said as him and Y/N walked on either side of the demoness.

Nezuko suddenly stopped, causing Tanjiro and Y/N to trip a little.

In front of them was was the demon boy from earlier.

"Are you waiting for us? You do know I can find you guys by following your scent, right...?" Tanjiro asked.

"You wouldn't be able to find us. The place that we are staying at is under a cloaking spell. Besides that, isn't that girl a demon? She's unsightly compared to the human girl," the boy said.

'Ugly... Ugly? Who is he talking about? NEZUKO?!' Tanjiro thought.

"HOW IS SHE UGLY?! LOOK CLOSELY AT HER FEATURES! SHE WAS ONE OF THE BEAUTY OF OUR VILLAGE!"

Tanjiro ran after the boy who was walking away, dragging Nezuko who was dragging Y/N.

"Don't worry, Nezuko! I think you're adorable!" Y/N said, patting Nezuko's head.

They walked into a wall that revealed a house that had a piece of paper pinned to it.

"I'm back," the boy said politely while Tanjiro continued to rant about Nezuko's beauty.

"Welcome back," the beautiful demoness from before said.

She was sitting in a chair next to a bed where the attacked woman was resting.

"Is that woman okay?" Y/N asked, pulling Tanjiro's ear to get him to stop talking.

"She's fine now. Her husband... he's a different case. He's being held in the dungeon right now," the demoness said.

"Does it feel uncomfortable handling the wounds of a human?" Tanjiro asked.

Y/N was about to say something when the demon boy hit Tanjiro in the chest.

"Do you think demons salivate at the mere sight of human flesh?!" He asked.

"Stop. Why must you resort to violence?" The demoness asked.

"I haven't introduced myself yet. My name is Tamayo. This boy is Yushiro. Please don't mind him. And to answer your question, it does not feel particularly uncomfortable. I have an easier time with it compared to normal demons. I have modified my body to remove Kibutsji's curse as well."

"What do you mean by 'modify' your body?" Y/N asked.

"It means that I can survive on just a small amount of blood."

"Drink blood? That's..."

"It may make you feel unhappy, but we buy the blood that was originally given for transfusions from people who don't have a lot of money. Of course, all we need is an amount of blood that won't cause any disturbance to the person. Yushiro is even more impressive. He needs even less blood than me to survive. I was the one that transformed him into a demon."