Flying Horseshoes and Babysitting?

————<•>————

"It's not my fault your distracted by my shoulders sir"————<•>————

————<•>————

I ride back to school once I grab some lunch and quickly go to rehearsals. Only rehearsals did not go to plan at all.

"Shall I hear more, or shall I speak-- Steve recites before a horseshoe comes out of nowhere and hits Steve on the head.

"Steve!" I yell as he groans and falls over making me quickly rush over and see what hit him.

"Hey! Who did that?" Steve yells.

I lean over and see a horseshoe on the ground making me even more confused. A hand quickly grabs it, who I realise was Jim—before he and Toby run away.

I stand there confused as everyone starts fussing over Steve's head. I quickly walk over to Claire and we both share a knowing look before quickly running after Toby and Jim.

We both look around the locker bay and catch sight of Jim and Toby, but before we can interrogate them Mr Strickler interrupts.

"I don't believe that's appropriate school attire." Mr Strickler says while looking at our clothes, making us both raise an eyebrow.

I look down to my shirt and realise he was referring to my top that had apparently fallen off my shoulder a bit from running.

"It's not my fault your distracted by my shoulders sir" I say with a sarcastic smile.

He stares at me with wide eyes before opening and closing his mouth and then just deciding to walk away.

"Damn, ruthless" Claire says as she gives me a high five.

We watch as Jim and Toby seem to fight over a horseshoe for a reason completely unknown. Why is it those two always seem to be doing something completely stupid.

I watch the horseshoe fall from their hands—landing on the ground right in front of Claire and I. Claire quickly leans down, grabbing the horseshoe and handing it to Mr Strickler who has walked over to us.

"Here you go, Mr. Strickler. Here's your horseshoe back." She says with a smile, assuming that it's his for some weird reason.

"Thank you, Ms. Nunez, but that belongs to Mr. Lake." Mr Strickler says as Claire hands it to Jim with a questionable look on her face.

"Wow Jim, I didn't know you had a horse" I say teasingly, making him nervously chuckle and rub his neck, Mr Strickler mocking him from beside him.

"Take care of your back, Young Atlas. Such is the danger of carrying the world on one's shoulders." Mr Strickler says before walking away, leaving me and Claire extremely confused.

"Very suspicious" Toby says.

"Suspicious?" I question, making Jim jump, not realising I had moved to stand next to him.