Weird Pixie Things and Father?

————<•>————

"Ugh, leave the educating until school properly starts"————<•>————

————<•>————

The sun was high in the sky and shining down upon me as the sound of the school bell echoed in my ears.

I was leaning against a locker while waiting for Claire—who was taking for sweet time setting her books neatly in her locker. I was half zoned out as I waited, but the sound of Mary loudly slamming her locker shut brought me back—also making me realise Mary was looking right at me.

"Jim Lake asked you to the dance and you didn't tell us?" Mary yells at me frantically—Darci also standing next to her with her arms crossed and a disappointed look on her face.

"Spill it Y/n, before Mare and I go kaboom!" Darci exclaims as I nervously glance to Claire before looking back to the two curious girls.

I knew the interrogation would happen sooner or later...I was just hoping for it to be later.

"There's not much to tell, except... I sorta asked him" I say with a shrug of my shoulders, not really thinking it's a big deal.

I was wrong.

The two gasp in shock—Mary acting like I told her my grandma just died, and Darci acting like a proud mum.

"Good, girl!" Darci says with a large smile—making me let out a small laugh.

"Excuse me, Darci. Do not celebrate. Educate." Mary says as she points a stern finger at my face, wiggling at around at me.

Darci nods as she looks to me—attempting a disappointing look but I can tell she's happy for me.

"Ugh, leave the educating until school properly starts" I groan as I lean against Claire, away from Mary's finger.

"That's not the way you do things, Y/n! There are rules to being on top of the social food chain. What sort of world do you think we live in?" Mary exclaims.

"An equal one?" I question.

"Not even close" Mary says with a roll of her eyes.

I sigh before glancing away from the prodding girl and happen to catch Jim's eyes. I smile at the boy with a small wave—Jim returning it with a small chuckle. He then seemed to notice Mary ranting at me and raises a questionable eyebrow at me with a smirk, making me playfully roll my eyes.

"My goodness really?" I hear Darci ask making me tune back to the conversation.

"You don't want to know. Look at my face and tell me that you do not want to know what happened" Mary says making me stand in front of her and stare in her eyes with a blank expression.

"I do not want to know what happened" I say seriously.

"Well I'm gonna tell you anyway" Mary says and goes on a rant about who knows what.