The Darklands and Jim?

————<•>————

'If your talking about my emotional crying then it's just allergies'————<•>————

————<•>————

The Darklands was creepier then I had imagined. Everything was made of stone with green crystals layered around the place. It was dark, like it was always night time here, like you were stuck in a never ending nightmare.

Creatures snarling in the distant was enough to give you goosebumps as we all stand on the edge of the stone rock we're on and look around at our surroundings.

"U-uh, let's not stay one minute longer than we need to, huh?" Toby stuttered as we all nod in agreement.

"I agree. Chompsky? Do you know where we can find Jim?" I ask as I look to the gnome sitting on my shoulder, still hiding behind my hair.

Chompsky chitters softly before jumping off my shoulder and running down a bridge like rock formation quickly.

"Guess we're playing follow the leader now" I mumble as we all run after the quick gnome.

The path was longer then expected and it got to the point where we were wondering if we were going the right way.

"Perhaps I'm meant to use the flare" Blinky suggests as we walk.

"Kanjigar said you use it to save your life" Claire points out.

"Yeah, I don't think this is a very life threatening situation right now Blinky" I say as I kick a rock in front of me with a bored look on my face.

"Why do the Darklands have to be so dark man? I cant see a thing" Toby whines as he goes to jump off a rock and ends up falling, Aaarrrgghh quickly catching him before he plunges to his death.

"Toby, it's called the Darklands for a reason. That's like saying why is my pink lemonade pink" I point out as I jump down to Toby's level.

"How am I to discern when my life depends on it? Such infernal instructions. They're both cryptic and oblique!" Blinky exclaims as he continues to rant on about indecisiveness and what not.

I zone out as I walk, my mind completely unfocused until I feel a hand touch my shoulder making me jump, only to sigh in relief when I see Claire.

"You alright? You've been acting weird today. Weirder then usual" Claire says as we walk alongside each other.

"If your talking about my emotional crying then it's just allergies" I say as I look at my feet.