A Caged Up Jim and A Chance To Defend Him?

————<•>————

'It could definitely be worse'————<•>————

————<•>————

"Blinky this is ridiculous!" I exclaim as Claire, Toby and I follow Blinky through trollmarket.

Jim was currently kept in a cage guarded by the troll guards. Queen Usurna has sentenced Jim to a trial where he can either die if found guilty or be banished from trollmarket if he surrenders the amulet. As much as I don't like the second option, it's way better then the first option.

"There is nothing we can do Ms Y/n" Blinky sighs sadly.

Claire grabs onto my hand for support as we follow the tribunal towards where Jim is kept. The cave has cages hanging all around the room and I watch as they seem to lower one of the cages that I assume must hold Jim.

As nervous as I am, I can't imagine how Jim must be feeling. The guilt surrounded by nerves and fear for what could happen, it all sounds like a nightmare.

One of the guards opens the cage for Jim to be let out but we are all surprised when Jim comes running out yelling with his hands holding what looks like an invisible sword. Jim's seems to stop short as he looks around panting, almost like he was seeing things which immediately makes me worried.

"Master Jim, is everything alright?" Blinky asks worriedly as we watch Jim tap his face and chest, almost like he can't believes he's real?

Jim just continues to pant before he looks to the ground to see his amulet sitting on the floor. I don't know how it got there but I can only assume that it connects to why Jim's acting so weird. Jim quickly kneels down and grabs the amulet as he holds it carefully and looks at it with a wide smile.

"Jim, are you okay? Did they do something to you? Did they drug-" I start to ask as I immediately step forward but I'm cut off as Jim laughs and pulls me into a tight hug as I stand there confused in his arms.

"No, Y/n I-I'm okay!" Jim says happily as he pulls away and throws an arm around my shoulder and an arm around Toby's as the ginger boy tugs Claire into his side.

I am very confused right now.

"We've come to escort you...to the tribunal" Blinky explains sadly.

"They say if your found guilty, you could die. Is that true?" Toby asks miserably.

"He would walk free if he surrenders the amulet" Queen Usurna speaks up as I roll my eyes.

"He'd also walk free if you wake up from your deluded daydream and let Jim fix this and fight Gunmar" I say with narrowed eyes as Queen Usurna turns her glare towards me.