The Gruesome and McFlour's Demise?

————<•>————

'Protein shake? That looks like random things mixed together?'————<•>————

————<•>————

We quickly go over to Jim's house where we know Blinky is. We walk into the basement to find Blinky, Aaarrrgghh and Draal playing a Viking game?

"Blinky!" Jim calls for the trolls attention as we quickly walk down the stairs.

"Ah! Master Jim!" Blinky says happily.

"Tobes was just attacked outside his house by some thing" Jim explains, immediately wiping the smile off Blinky's face.

"It was like goo, but smart" I try to explain.

"Smart goo?" Claire asks as the girl is not entirely caught up on the events and is only here because I called her saying 'Toby almost died!'.

"I'm concerned about this smart goo, but more alarmed your stockpiling flour" Blinky points out as I hear Claire bitterly mumble under her breath (must still be sensitive about her project being destroyed). "Are you expecting a shortage?"

"No it's my baby!" Jim says as I obnoxiously cough into my fist. "It's me and Y/n's baby! It's for health...about babies"

"Ah! So, that's why they always refer to it as 'a bun in the oven'." Blinky says in realisation as I smile in amusement at the troll.

"Not really Blink" Claire mumbles.

"Anyway, the smart goo...it was like slime" I try to explain.

"Ate my rock collection" Toby inputs as Blinky gasps in fear.

"Uh-oh" Aaarrrgghh mutters with wide eyes.

"Happen to have troll remains amongst your collection?" Blinky whispers fearfully as we all eye him cautiously.

"Yeah, a piece of Bular. Why?" Toby asks obliviously.

Blinky, Draal and Aaarrrgghh all share fearful looks as they seem to be communicating with their eyes.

"Stop with the looks! You always do that when your hiding something" Jim says annoyed.

"Sounds like a gruesome to me" Draal mutters as we all look at him confused.

"What's a gruesome?" Claire asks.

"Feeders of the dead. At the first signs of war, they await the carnage. After the bloodshed, gruesomes would devour the troll remains left on the battle field. They are the carrion of trolls" Blinky explains.