Midnight Chases and Portal Side Effects?

————<•>————

'No respect at all'————<•>————

'No respect at all'
————<•>————

Another night in Arcadia only means one thing...trolls. Every night, every day of the week, we have been scouring the area for Gunmars gumm-gumm's and tonight was no different.

Jim, Claire and I were currently chasing after another one of Gunmars minions and they always have to make it difficult for us.

I grunt as I swiftly jump over someone's fence with Jim slightly infront of me and Claire just behind me as we continue to run after the Gumm-Gumm.

We continue to run after it as it moves onto the street and continues to sprint ahead of us, pausing as it looks at one of Claire's mums signs for her campaign before continuing to run off.

"He knows where our hideout is!" I say as the Gumm-Gumm continues to run ahead.

"Which wouldn't have happened if you and Jim weren't playing uno instead of keeping look-out" Claire says as she manages a small smirk in our direction, despite her tried state.

Ever since Claire and I created the portal, weird things have been happening. Claire seems to have a never ending cold and has some kind of insomnia and I constantly have a horrible cough while also having the end of my fingers turn black every time I use my magic. Not too mention my chest always hurts every time I try to use my magic and my F/c energy has gone so much darker that it's becoming terrifying for me to use.

To say things are looking down for us, would be an understatement.

"Not our fault and I totally won!" I say as I see Jim roll his eyes from next to me.

What a sore loser.

"Focus! We can't let him get back to Gunmar" Jim says with a pant as we continue to chase after the Gumm-Gumm.

"He's heading towards Arbor street!" Claire points out as we watch him turn down the street.

"Jim, please tell me you put up signs there" I say with worried eyes as I watch the boy look at me confused.

"I thought you did!" Jim says with wide eyes as I let out a frustrated sigh.

We suddenly stop at the start of the street as I watch the Gumm-Gumm smash into a car parked on the side as the cars alarms blare loudly.

"No respect at all" I mutter annoyed.

"We better make this quick before the whole neighbourhood finds out" Jim notes as I nod before letting out a loud cough as Claire pats my back.