A Horrible Dream and A Sudden Realisation?

————<•>————

'Don't be so dramatic, this isn't Shakespeare'————<•>————

————<•>————

Dreams are a series of thoughts, images and sensations happening in a persons mind. Sometimes people find it difficult to tell the difference between a dream and reality, and I never thought I would be one of those people.

I was sitting on a park bench near the old playground. Everything was rundown but I didn't seem to notice. It was silent, so silent that I felt like my ears were ringing. I didn't notice the way the clouds darkened the longer I sat there, I didn't notice the once green trees were now dead and mopey. I didn't notice anything.

It was like time was continuing as my body was stuck in place. No thoughts, no emotions, just a plain empty shell.

And then I woke up.

I groan softly as I rub my eyes before they start to adjust and I realise where I am.

I'm at school in my history class, but it was completely empty. No teacher, no students, no lights, it was just me.

I slowly stand up and walk out of the classroom, only to find the rest of the school was completely the same. The ringing in my ears only continued to get louder as I slowly walk, but my footsteps made no sound.

The further I walked, the more my surroundings changed until soon I was walking down an empty hallway that had a door at the end.

Wind started to pick up in the hallway as I look behind me to find the darkness getting closer and closer. I pant as I quickly make a run for the door, only to find that I'm only running in place as the darkness continues to get closer and closer before it finally takes over everything.

I stop moving as I stand still in the darkness, no light, no sound, only the faint ringing in my ears that continues to get louder and louder before it gets too much as I cover my ears with a yell, collapsing on the floor.

And then I woke up.

I pant loudly as I realise I'm in my room. I look out my window to find that I forgot to shut my curtains but I can see that it's still night time.

I take a deep breath before sighing in relief, but that relief turns into a loud scream as I look infront of me to find myself standing frozen at the end of my bed.

My skin had black veins all over me and my eyes were a pitch black. Black blood was dripping down from my eyes as I stared right at myself in terror.