Jealous Toby and Magic Staff Practice?

————<•>————

"I feel bad for the poor person who gets stuck with that in the future"————<•>————

————<•>————

"Ugh! Why won't the shadow staff make a portal?" Claire exclaims in frustration.

Claire and I were currently attempting to learn how to use our staffs (properly) in the Hero's forge. Draal had volunteered to help, and who were we to deny help from a big troll?

Draal steps over, placing his large hand on the staff to stop Claire from swinging it.

"Slow down young one. You must learn to empower the staff itself." Draal says calmly.

"Exactly young one, leave this to the pros" I joke as I twirl my staff around before accidentally hitting Draal on the head making him grunt. "Ooh. Sorry blue dude"

"Focus! Imbue it with your will." Draal says. "The stronger the emotions, the greater-" He is then cut off by grunts coming from another part of the room.

Toby was swinging his fists into Aaarrrgghh's palm, ranting about Claire and I as he did so. He was going on about us being undeserving of staffs and how we're barely in the team.

"Ignore him Claire, your doing great" I say as we hear Toby bitching about us.

"Careful now" Draal says as me and Claire swing our staffs at each other."The Shadow Staff is a weapon of great-Whoa!... power."

Draal pauses as Claire's staff just misses my face.

"Are you trying to take my head off!" I exclaim at Claire with a small laugh.

"Oh gosh! Sorry" Claire apologises as she glances to her staff in frustration."Why won't this thing work?"

Claire cried out before jumping back—a small black portal appearing from the staff infront of her.

"You did it!" I yell as I side hug her.

"She did it!" Draal says with a smile.

"Whoa! I made a portal!" Claire says excitedly as she jumps around.

I laugh to myself as I watch her skip for joy.

"Did you see that? I made a portal!" Claire announces again.

"Yes Claire, we saw" I laugh.

"Yeah, if we need to teleport an olive or a baby mouse." Toby says bitterly.

Toby then makes the stupid decision to accidentally swing his broom towards Claire—whacking her right in the face.