Spring Fling Date and Staff Twins?

————<•>————

"What is up with trolls and their love to eat humans"————<•>————

————<•>————

Another day of pure torture, school. I'm currently waiting for Mary to get her things out of her locker, not so patiently tapping my foot against the ground.

"You really take your sweet time don't you?" I say to Mary as I lean against the locker next to her with my books against my chest.

"Oh stop whining, I'm almost done" She says with a roll of her eyes.

Before I can retort, Toby decided to show up. I let out a dramatic sigh, knowing what was coming.

It was a known fact that Toby has asked almost every girl in the school to the spring fling, and all of them said no—looks like Mary's his new target.

"Mary, can we be real for a moment? A woman like you deserves anything she wants. And what you want is me, as your date to the Spring Fling. It's okay, you don't even have to ask." Toby says with the most charming smile he can muster.

"I'd rather choke to death" Mary says simply before she slams her locker shut and pulls me away by the arm.

"Simple and to the point. I like it" I say to Mary as I nudge her.

We walk over and join Claire at her locker, chatting away about classes, our annoying teachers and the subject everyone's been on about...spring fling.

My mind goes to Jim and a small frown appears on my face. Sometimes I think he likes me, but then he just completely dismisses me everytime I try to show I'm interested!

At the thought of Jim I start to glance around the locker bays before my eyes catch the devil himself.

I try to give him a smile but I think it came out more like a grimace.

He closed his locker with a stiff wave—only for the locker to pop open again causing him to nervously slam it shut, an awkward smile now forming on his face.

I coughed into my hand to try and conceal a laugh, but seeing the deadpan look on Jim's face made me realise I was doing a bad job.

Stupid cute dork! Ugh!

I turned to Claire with a smile still on my face—the smile quickly disappearing as I see the look on Claire's face.

"You guys sooooo like eachother" Claire says with a smirk on her face.

"We do not" I scowl as I glare at her."Shut up Claire"

"You know, you could just ask him to the spring fling" Claire says with a shrug of her shoulders.

"That's what I want to do...I just can't find the right time" I sigh as we start to head to class. "He's completely oblivious of my flirting! It's ridiculous!"