The Triple Date and Seeing Things?

————<•>————

'Oh please, Douxie isn't much competition'————<•>————

————<•>————

It was getting dark as the group and I walked through the street to our chosen restaurant. Claire and I had been trying to keep conversation going to make the walk less awkward and I think we succeeded (for the most part).

"Mary texted me like 'we're back together!' Like can you believe that girl!" Darci explains with wide eyes.

"Tight jeans hank? Again?" Claire asks as she walks next to Darci and I at the front as the boys all walked behind us.

"I thought she was over him?" I ask with raised eyebrows as Darci dramatically shrugs her shoulders.

"Who even knows with that girl!" Darci laughs before we finally make it to the restaurant.

"A beautiful night" Toby suddenly says as he pulls out a chair dramatically for Darci. "Just like my beautiful girl"

"Toby" Darci laughs as they both start to giggle in their seats.

I share a look with Claire as we both secretly gag.

"Here you are Claire" Todd says with a charming smile as he pulls out a chair for the girl.

"Oh. Thanks" Claire says awkwardly as she takes a seat, pushing herself in as Todd had forgotten and had already taken a seat.

I smile in amusement as I go to take my seat, instead falling to the ground roughly as I look behind me to find Jim had pulled out my chair.

"Seriously?" I groan as I go to stand up but Jim had already grabbed my arms and hauled me up nervously.

"Oh-oh uh sorry!" Jim says as he awkwardly sits me in my chair as I give Claire a look.

I continue to sit far away from the table, expecting Jim to push me in as I turn to him with a raised eyebrow.

"Wow, thanks Jim" I laugh with a forced smile as I scooch my own chair closer to the table like Claire.

"I-oh Merlin! Sorry" Jim cringes as he quickly opens a menu and hides his face behind it.

The silence after made me want to curl in a ball and cry so I awkwardly open the menu after clearing my throat before I look to Toby.

"So, any recommendations Toby?" I ask as the boys eyes light up at the question.

"Well, I heard the duck confit is stellar. I think I'll get that" Toby says with a nod.