1

⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆

.⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆..⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆..⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆.

“SCATTER!”

Someone yelled, barreling through my thoughts. I perked up and turned to see a mob of people scattering. I shoved the last of my sandwich into my mouth and jumped off the bench, landing on my skateboard. Those thugs were at it again, I should've known it was that time of the day.

I rode off, out of the park and towards the main streets. The park was dangerous, thugs everywhere, needles on the ground, white powder on the playground, barbed wire taped on the slide....Real kid friendly.

The main city was almost worst. The alleyways normally catered to bad guys, waiting to snatch someone from the sidewalk. That's why I rise a skateboard, so no one can snatch me quickly. At least, I can make them run for a litte.

Being 19, I was a target for most. Rapists, murderers, and the insane targeted girls like me. It sickened me, but I couldn't do anything about it.

Such was life.

Another thing that was interesting: quirks. Most had them, and good luck if you didn't. Unless you were really high up of the food chain, if your quick made you look different from the normal human then you were treated differently. Treated like an animal and basically stripped of all your human rights.

No one accepted mutants.

Most parents would abandon their children with different appearance, just so they would be targets. Pathetic.

I was one of the.

My quirk? Bat. Silly I know, but it did have its perks. I had large F/C bat ears that could help me detect sound from a mile or two away. I could also close mu eyes and use echolocation, great for the dark. I always wore a hoodie, hiding my mutation.

It really bothered me, but, such was life.

I rode down the street and stopped at an old apartment building. It was broken down and the paint was peeling. I picked up my skateboard and walked in. I dashed up the stairs and speed walked to the room I was looking for. I gave a sigh as i unlocked the door with my key and waltzed in.

"Home." I called out. I dropped my skateboard near the entrance and walked to the kitchen. In retrospect, this apartment looked far better than the others, but that's only because I was somewhat of a neat freak. I glance in the kitchen and saw a fluffy head of deep purple hair leaning on the kitchen counter. He looked up from his phone, his stormy grey eyes making contact with my green ones.

"Hey bat bitch, how's it going?" he gave a grin as he read through a newspaper, firmly grasped in his hands.

I gave a heave sigh. "It's going good. Didn't get rape, so there's a plus." I strolled over to the fridge and took out a cupcake. I turned and looked over my best friend's shoulder. He was reading some news article about something.