30

"Jackson?"

"It's alright my dear, just stay still." I listened to him, hiding in the shadows as we looked the scene in front of us. We were both peeking around the corner of a building, into a dark side street with a few people arguing.

Those people, being Nayeon's gang, and another group. One that wasn't hard to forget.

"Oh come on, Nayeon, what's the big problem? We just wanted to play a game." A raspy voice laughed, sending chills down my spine. A hand held mine softly, calming me down a little. Nayeon, however, looked beyond activated, and Jeongyeon had to hold an arm out in front of her to keep her in line.

"S'all I'm saying is, if you do anything, and I mean anything to her, consider yourself dead, freak." she growled, eyes ablaze as she glared at the light bluette. The shorter male seemed to be amused, chuckling as he held his hands up.

"Oh please, we wouldn't want to hurt your precious little pet, now would we boys?" He glanced back, his thugs nodding alongside him, all wearing small smiles. As I stared at the scene, I saw a male made of mist wearing a vest, surprising well dressed for a dark cloud. Eyes were sunken sockets that glowed a harsh yellow. They looked strange, and irregularly out of place on the male. That was, until they abruptly turned and stared at me.

I quickly ducked around the corner, hitting the chest of my bird like companion in the process.

"Are you alright?" He whispered, nudging the top of my head with his beak. Before I got the chance to answer, a deep, dark shadow materialized from the ground casting a shadow over us both. I was about to scream, but my vision turned to darkness before my vocal cords could work. My vision abruptly returned, but this time, my breathe caught in my throat.

"My my, what are you doing here of all places, darling?" I gulped, a hand now lightly wrapped around my throat, a finger lifted up into the air.

"Oh fuck nah..." I whispered shakily, looking to my left to see dark crimson orbs clash with eyes.

"Y/N?!" My eyes flickered to Jihyo, this time Nayeon being the one to hold her arm to hold her back, who also looked at me incredulously.

Chaeyoung looked like her soul left him, while Dahyun jaw dropped, eyes boring into mine. I gave an awkward laugh, trying to ignore the impending danger around my throat.

"This... is awkward." I mumble, doing my best to stay still.

The criminal to my left gave a howl of laughter. "Aw, well would 'ya look at that? The sheep all fall weak to their wolf, hmm? And with the brush of a finger, she's gone. Reduced to dust."

Another howl of laughter from the leader. I gave a sigh, looking from side to side, weighing my options. Jackson was out of eyesight, this crusty cuck was this close to disintegrating me apparently, the gang of dangerous criminals that could and might try to save my stupid ass are in shock, and my chances of actually living are limited with all these villains. I didn't doubt the girls or anything, but I needed to do something for myself for once.

Slowly and discreetly, my ears twitched to the side, facing the male holding me hostage. I closed my eyes and tried to take as deep a breathe as I could. I opened an eye to see Dahyun giving me a weird look. I gave a slow nod before shutting my eyes tightly, all my muscles tensing.

"Ah! The hell?!" The hand was dropped from my throat as the bluette crippled to the floor, hands clasping his hands. I turned to see the other villains on looking in confusion. I just held my hands up in a surrender gesture and pointed to the lit street peeking out from the alleyway.

"Uh, I'll... I'll just be on my way now." I say, awkwardly laughing. I began to walk, glancing back at the girls who's looking at me with shocked expressions. "I'll see you guys later." I whisper, giving a wave. I quickly strode out of the creepy side street and turned the corner, only to collapse against the wall, closing my eyes.

"Y/N! Y/N?!" Jackson's hushed voice made me zone back in and open my eyes. He stopped shaking my shoulders and instead held them tightly. "Are you alright? Did that scum injure you in any way?" He asked, examining my features closely. I gave a chuckle shaking my head.

"No, it's just... been awhile since I've used my echolocation like that. I'm fine, I swear." I reassure, standing up straight. He nodded and glanced from side to side.

"If you insist, mistress. The night as risen, it's best for you to return home. Shall we go?" He asks, his voice hushed as he raises a hand from his cloak, showing part of his night black tuxedo. I nodded, taking his hand as he led me away, the sound of yelling and quirk use behind us.

***

Jackson had walked me home, being noticeably protective whenever anyone would come within a few feet of me on the sidewalk. I smiled as we stopped at my apartment door, turning around to face the black clad
male.

"I... apologize for being unable to help you. You could've been hurt and I was just onlooking like a fool." He bowed his head, hiding his features. I gave a soft chuckle, leaning forward as I wrapped my arms around him, feeling him jolt.

"It's okay, Jackson, it would've been to dangerous, with Nayeon and everyone being there. I forgive you either way." I mumble, rubbing circles into his back. He seemed to relax and hug back, pulling me closer to him.

"I- you're too kind, Y/N." He mumbled, rubbing the side of his head against mine. After another few seconds, we let go and I gave a wave, hand on the doorknob.

"I'll see you later, have a good night, Jackson." I flash a wide smile, opening the door as he nodded, bowing slightly.

"You too, my dear." And with that, I closed the door and let go of the door knob. I turned and heard voices suddenly hush.

"Yo, V!" I yell out, taking my jacket off and hanging it on the rack besides the door. A head peeked around the corner, eyes widened before the figure fully stepped out.

"Holy fuck-a-rooni, you're not dead!" He exclaimed, walking over to me, surprised clouding stormy grey eyes. I gave a proud grin, standing tall with my hands on my hips.

"Hey man, there was one or two times where I thought I was a goner." I laugh, watching as he rolled his eyes, flicking my forehead.

"You damn sure took your time, I can't cook for shit and I'm still banned from the fast food joint down the street." He sighed, walking back to the kitchen. I chuckled as I followed him. "Oh yeah, we got company by the way." He added, glancing back at me as he shrugged.

"Oh cool, who's-" I cut myself off, standing frozen as I turned the corner, a new figure entering the scene. A surprised look adorned the new persons face, but it was quickly replaced with a smug smile.

"YOU!"

"ME!"