22

Mina and Momo hadn't come back for awhile now, and just a few moments ago, Sana had left to find them as well. This left you in the presence of Tzuyu, the navy blue haired girl currently sifting through a professional first aid box, around the size of a microwave.

"Don't worry, Y/N! Tzuyu has medical training, so you'll be treated properly." Sana had said, right before she gave a wave and dashed down the hall, disappearing out of view.

You hadn't doubted this, however, the girl looked smart. Must've been the glasses. You simply stared at her back, the thought of removing and stitching your large wounds back up considerably displeasing.

"I hope to get this over with, as I fear this will hurt immensely." she announced, turning around, her left hand holding a pair of gloves. My eyes, however, were immediately drawn to her right hand, which held a needle, about the length of my index finger.

"Way to sugar coat it. Yikes..." I mumbled, staring at the preposterously huge needle. The taller girl glanced at the needle, her mouth forming an 'o' in understanding, before she gave a confident smile.

"Fear not, Y/N. I assure you that I will take the utmost care in treating you." She replied, beaming a smile. I gave a slow nod.

"Okay. I trust you." I say simply, giving a shrug.

I walked over to the pristine white island and jumped on, my legs dangling over the edge. I gave a huff as I slipped off my shirt, revealing my black sports bra. I tossed it onto a chair and waited. I sweat dropped upon seeing Tzuyu blush and hide her face.

"I should've warned you..?" I ask wearily, raising an eyebrow. She coughed awkwardly, holding a fist to her mouth.

"A-Ah, no no, it was... erm, necessary." She replied shakily, walking around me so she could see the wound. A sharp inhale came from behind me. "Its poisoned and bruising, it'll take more time for me to constrict and cleanse." He explained, a sad tone in her voice. I gave a sarcastic laugh.

"Thrilling. Just do what you need to do, Tzuyu." I reply, my fingers gripping the edge of the table.

"Alright. I'm starting now." She announced, a hand placing itself on my back. I shivered at the cold touch, but disregarded it. I also felt the sudden searing pain of the first stitching being tettered out, my skin prying back against it. My legs tensed, fingers gripping the table more tightly.

"Ouchies." I hissed, biting my lip.

"My apologies." Tzuyu mumbled, prying out another stitch.

"Tell me about yourself." I ask suddenly, glancing back at the girl. She seemed puzzled.

"About... myself?" She asked, unsure of the meaning. I gave a nod.

"Yeah, it'll help get my mind off the pain." I explain, giving a hopeful smile to the girl. She nods slowly, plucking out another stitch.

"Well, there isn't much to say. I came from a family notorious for being heroes. Have you heard of Ingenium?" I gave a nod.

"Yeah, he was a famous hero during the hero age." I reply, remembering the engine hero. I heard a soft chuckle from behind me.

"That's right, he was my brother." The girl said sadly. I turned my head around and gave the taller girl a sympathetic look.

"I'm sorry, Tzuyu." I whisper. She gives a nod.

"Thank you, what happened was unfortunate indeed. After that, I wanted to be a hero, even more then I had previously." She gave a chuckle. "But, as you know, heroes were shunned, as was my dream. So, I turned to the criminal side. I became a bigger fish in the sea, so to speak, and now have been doing well. I believe my
decision wasn't so horrible after all." She hummed cheerfully. I gave a nod, a small smile on my face.

"Well, I'm glad it worked out for you afterwards, Tzu." I watched as Tzuyu walked around the island, picking through the first aid box.

"Thank you, Y/N." She smiled. She adjusted her glasses, picking up a black thread from the box. "Now that I have removed all the old thread, I will need to insert a new one." She glanced up to meet my eyes. "Forgive me, but this will hurt more then before."

I gave a weak thumbs up. "No sweat. Like I said, do what you got to do." I reply, being as cheerful as I could muster. She gave a nod before dashing back to her place behind me. I clutched the table again, dreading the next step.

"In your story, Y/N, I can't help but be bothered about something." She started, a sense of worry in her voice. "In the beginning, when you were transported to that labyrinth, you said that voice talked about something 'irrelevant!."

I bit my lip, looking downwards. "Yeah..?"

She cleared her voice. "It's just, when you said it, you clearly looked pained. I was just wondering what that was. If thats alright by you, of course." I stiffened at the request. I was hoping no one would ask about it.

"Well, it's not exactly a pleasant story. You sure?" I ask wearily, glancing back at the girl. She replied with a nod. Sighing, I let my legs dangle freely, untensing my body.

"Well, it started when I was younger. About a week or two after graduating high school, I was just walking around town, no real deal or anything." I felt the needle stab itself into my back, precise cuts with string slithering through them. I bit my lip and gripped the ends of my shorts, unintentionally. I shook my head and concentrated on the event. Grimacing, I gave a small grunt.

"I used to have bat wings, y'know? I could fly and all sorts, it was amazing. I could glide off the tallest building and still be alright when I hit the ground." I let out a shaky chuckle. "But that day was the day they were taken from me. This guy came up behind me and told me something. He told me, that this world is beyond saving, and asked me if I wanted to join his group, seeing me as useful."

I noticed Tzuyu go very quiet, either listening intently into my story or just focused on her work. Either way, I didn't hear a peep from her at all.

"When I told him no, he told me that was the wrong answer. I felt something grow very hot under me. I looked down and saw blue flames." I flexed my hand, opening and closing it. "When I stood up and turned to look at him, I was trapped in flames. All I saw was a hand with burnt skin slip out of the flames, leaving me. I flapped my arms and screamed, jumping back from the blaze."

A sour laugh left my lips, clenching my hand until my knuckles went white. "I think he intended for me to die, but I didn't. My wings had burn marks and my left one was completely gone, just the lining from my wrist to my waist had remained." Subconsciously, I felt the left edge of my stomach, still able to feel the scars. "They couldn't grow back, so I had to get the excess removed. I couldn't fly anymore, so, it felt like a piece of me was missing." I concluded sadly, looking down at my hanging shoes.

Another pair stepped into my view, dark blue business shoes. I looked up to see Tzuyu giving a saddened expression. She leaned down and wrapped her arms around me, not too tightly though.

"I'm sorry Y/N, so sorry." She murmured, chin rested on my shoulder. I returned the hug, sighing into the warmth of the girl. We stayed like this for another few seconds before the taller girl pulled away, a hand at my shoulder. She gave a warm smile.

"Do you need help standing?" She inquired softly. I gave a swift shake of my head.

"Should be good, thanks for everything, Tzuyu." I jumped down off the table, a sudden jolt of pain ripping through me. I covered it up with a forced smile, looking up at the navy haired girl. I glanced to the side and gave a small grin. "That's helpful." I chuckle, grabbing my shirt from where I threw it. It had a large spot of red on the back, making me frown.

"There are some new clothes in your room to change into, as it is unwise to wear that in its current state." Tzuyu explains, walking to my side. I gave a nod, slipping on the shirt.

"Oh nice, I'll go do that." I began walking towards the door, hearing the patter of shoes behind me, and then besides me. I chuckled at Tzuyu's continuous gentlewoman like qualities, seemingly too nice for myself.

I wonder what I did to deserve any of this.