29

I watched him as I bit my lip, a small frown on my face.

Was... Lisa not working for Mina? Was she lying to me? Damn it, I should have probably known.

"It was this girl with crazy purple hair and it looked like she hadn't slept for days." I reply shakily. I saw Mina give a frown, humming as she glanced to the desk in front of me.

If I'm honest, I felt like a child being told off by a parent, except they didn't say anything and just let their look tell you.

'I'm not mad, just disappointed.'

"I know who you're referring to." she mumbled, walking to her desk to pick up papers. "Don't worry, you didn't know, so it's not your fault. Do you know what she took?" she asked softly, giving a small smile as she looked at me.

I paused, wondering why I wasn't being blamed. Of course it was my fault. "It was a piece of paper with one of those 'top secret' stamps on it. I didn't really get a good view." I explain, watching as Tzuyu adjusted her glasses.

She exchanged a look with Momo, the greenette giving a scared expression. Glancing back to Mina, I looked to see her humming, staring at the mess of papers and notes.

"Shit." she whispered, frowning at she glanced back at me. "That document is the written proof of my alliance with the military. Without it, I'm afraid we won't be able to control them as we'd like." she brushed the papers to the side, standing straight again. "I fear she'll give them to Nayeon, or anyone with the highest bid. You see," she looked at me, fiddling with the cuffs of her dress shirt. "Lisa is notorious for being a con artist, stealing valuable documents and giving them to the highest bidder in an underground place that holds bets. We'll be needing that document back." she turned to her associates, seeing them nod at the mismatched girl.

"I'll seek data regarding Lisa, try to see where she is and if she's planning to sell the paper." Tzuyu explained formally, her posture as straight as an arrow. The greenette gave a determined look.

"I'll help as well, as well as inform Sana when I see her." shee offered, gazing intently at Mina. The girl grunted a nod.

"Good, I hope you'll both find something." The duo nods and sheds themselves from their suit jacket, placing them on a chair to the left. I noticed that Momo had a weapons belt with two guns on each side, as well as a shielded combat knife. She noticed me looking at her and gave a smile and a nod, as if reassuring me.

"Y/N." I looked back to see heterochromatic eyes on me. "You are residing with Nayeon's mob for now,  aren't you?" I nodded. "Good. I'd rather not get you involved, but could you eavesdrop and tell me if they have the document or any information regarding it?" she asks, also shedding herself from her white suit jacket. I gave a shaky nod.

"What if they already have it..?" she ponders over the question for a second, hand massaging her chin.

"Tell me, and we'll come and collect it." she replies, lowering her hand. "I have to go to the military base and explain to them what's happened. I'm hoping they will understand. If not, well..." she trailed off, closing her mouth. "It's best if you were to stay safe and stay low. After all, if that ticking bomb were to find out you were here talking to me about something if this degree, then she might-" she cut himself off as she heard the elevator door chime, and footsteps following.

"Mina, I was informed by Momo that you required assistance. What may I do to be of use?" I couldn't see the figure because of Mina standing right in front of me. The half and half girl turned around, looking at the new person.

"If you could, take care of Y/N here, as she is required for this plan. I'll be at the military base, so I won't be able to." she explained, stepping aside to reveal me. I felt my jaw drop slightly as the figures eyes slightly widened.

"Jackson! It's been awhile!" I smiled, watching as the black cladded bird like male was taken aback. Mina glanced at me from over her shoulder.

"You two have met?" she asks, raising an eyebrow. I gave a excited nod.

"Yeah, she's saved me a few times." I explain briefly, watching at the mismatched girl nodded slowly.

"That saves me the introduction." she looks back to Jackson, the black male walking towards us. "I need to go now. I trust you'll protect her." she ordered,herhis voice low. The male nodded, stopping a few feet infront of her, almost bowing.

"Most certainly, Mina." she solemnly replied back. He glanced to me and gave a hidden smile. "Let us be on our way then, Miss Y/N." I walked around the desk and gave a wave to Mina.

"Good luck Mina with the military!" I wished, walking with Jackson to the elevator, which was already open.

With a final wave, and a small one from the mafia boss, I disappeared behind reflective steel. I turned to the male and gave a soft laugh.

"It's great to see you again. How have you been?" I ask, watching his crimson orbs glue to mine.

"Well, considering the circumstances, I suppose-"

"He's been missin' you, toots!" A high pitched voice cried out, effectively shutting up Jackson. Bambam, hovering over the bird like males shoulder. Jackson jumped slightly, but covered it up by crossing his arms over his chest and frowning.

"Or in other definitions, that's what I was going to express before Bambam interrupted me." He sulked, giving the shadow a glare. Bambam, didn't seem to care much as he flew up to me, offering a wide smile.

"Don't mind this sad sack of fancy shmancy words and poetry, toots! He just doesn't know how to express his emotions and stuff." He giggled, giving glanced to his owner, who was a foot or so away from him, frowning.

"I am perfectly capable of expressing my emotions without your assistance." He sighed, seemingly embarrassed. I gave a laugh, looking at both figures.

"Y'know, it's funny how your personalities differ from each other. Even though Bambam is basically made from you." I watched as Jackson leaned against the wall of the descending elevator shaking his head.

"It astounds myself how uncultured and unpolished Bambam is as well." He sighs, the abstract entity starting to tell at him.

"Huh?! What do mean?! We're basically the same person!" He didn't get to finish his rant because of the elevator door opening to reveal the lobby. We stepped out and began to walk out. I looked over to see Jackson's cloak swaying about, effectively hiding his arms and body.

"So, where are we going?" I ask, walking out of the glass sliding doors.

The male cracked a smile, giving me a side glance. "Somewhere you shall enjoy, my dear." He replies vaguely, eyes on the sidewalk as his stride matched mine. I hummed at the answer, noticing the breeze brushing by.

"Alright then, I trust you."

jackson endgame ( ꈍᴗꈍ)