33

V and I watched with frowns as Jungkook slowly walked over to us, giving a grin and shrug. Either he was proud, or didn't give a flying fuck about what he had just done. I placed a finger to my temple, looking down as shook my head, adding a small sigh.

"Literally had one job." I grimaced, looking back up to see the burnt male roll his eyes as he stood in front of us.

"You honestly should've expected this when you brought me here." The blackette shrugged, hands in his pocket. I groaned before looking to the side, watching Lisa kick something on the ground, a curious look on her face. I looked closer, realizing it was a body she was stamping on and prodding.

"Yo V, I think you brought some wack people." I glanced to my right to see the taller male staring downwards, not blinking as he stood perfectly still. I was about to be confused, but he suddenly disappeared, warping into the ground when a new presence stood to the other side of me. I glanced to my left to see V, a smug grin plastered to his face as he twirled a rolled up piece of paper in his fingers.

"Aren't you just glad to have a pal like me." He cooed, unrolling the paper to reveal small printed writing with an extravagant signature at the end. I nodded, almost impressed with the dweeb.

"Very nice, sir." I complement, turning to see JK inspecting the papers alongside me. My ears twitched, telling me that Lisa was done kicking the dead and ready to join us. I turned and snickered at her, a grin on my lips.

"You done? Pretty sure he's already dead, buddy." she gives a fake and sarcastic laugh, shoving her hands into her pockets.

"Yeah whatever, let's get outta here. This places blows." she replies snarkily, looking around her to see the blue flames igniting the beams and floor. I nodded, becoming to walk to the exit.

"Best thing you've said today." I remark, jumping over the fire as we exited, leaving the place in havoc.

...

I sat on my couch, thoughts drilling through my mind as I sat in silence, the only sound being V as she whistled and cooked breakfast. Lisa had left, so had JK last night, so it was just the two of us again. I left the treaty in an envelope, placing it on Mina's desk before leaving undetected.

I had never thought I'd ever have done the things I've done in the past few weeks, never thought I'd meet the people I'd met. Not that I regretted it, quite the contrary actually, it's just... not what the younger me wanted. I wanted to be pure, not be involved with any gangs or criminals, never hold a gun. And yet, here was, doing just exactly that, except my gun was in my room, in the back of my closet because I didn't trust V or myself with it.

I had always heard the rumours surrounding the two main gangs in this damned and corrupt city, and had believed them. That, however, was now the opposite. They were lovely, and charming, and welcoming, except for Nayeon, but she had her moments. Sometimes.

I still had trouble wrapping my head around the things that were happening, the things was feeling. It felt like I was an entirely different person. It felt... nice. Pretty damn nice. Like I was actually worth a damn and my life had some sort of meaning. Life as a bartender was bland and full of harassment, so thus was a nice change.

"Whatchu grinning about?" A tone teased, a bowl of noodles being slid in front of me on the coffee table. I looked over to the arm chair to see Tae seated, bowl in hand, chopsticks in the other as he looked at me curiously, a smile playing on his lips. I perked up, instantly grabbing the noodles and grabbing some, making sure it wasn't too hot.

"Just thinking, s'all. Not gonna lie, chief, shits been wild for awhile now." I grin, giving him a glance as I scorfed done some beef flavoured noodles. He nodded, eating noodles of his own.