32

I winced, feeling the burnt skin of JK brush against my finger tips. I kept my mouth shut, however, only because I didn't want to become a rostisery chicken. The sound of cheering and chatter made my ears spike up and twitch towards the commotion. In sight, there was a large open space, with crowds of people that was tucked away behind tall buildings and a giant bridge.

Inspecting a little closer, saw most men crowding around something, a very cheery male showcasing off the hidden display. I sighed, walking with my 'charming' escort towards the crowds, blending in almost perfectly. Glancing through the crowd, I noticed that the two giant were walking casually through the crowds, each holding red cups in their purple suits. You've seen movies.

"Hey doll face, there's the guy." I was nudged by the side, JK leaning in closer, motioning towards the bigger crowd ahead of the smaller groups in front of us. My mouth made an O shape in understanding, getting what he was putting forwards. We walked towards them, peeking around the crooks to see what was being so closely examined.

"There." I whispered, eyes locking onto a small stack of papers. Men with cigars and holding very obvious guns stood behind the display, grins wide as the puff of smoke rose. I remembered the documents from eariler, so I was positive that it was them.

"What 'ya thinking?" He whispers, making me glance around at everyone. I gave a gasp as I saw a particular group conversing with a large man. I stepped back and hid besides JK, the blackette looking down at me curiously as I peeked around him.

"Damnit, Jungkook, they can't know I'm here." I whisper, not taking my eyes off the group. He followed my gaze and gave a chuckle.

"Oh shit, didn't know they were gonna ruin the party."

Nayeon's group was here, locked and loaded with pistols and larger firearms as they talked to a large thug, who simply gave brief shakes of the head and glares. "What's the plan with them, doll?" He asks, nudging me again. I shrugged before sighing, focusing back on the presentation that was happening.

"Avoid them I guess. We can't be seen." I say firmly, pulling JK along as made my way to the large crowd of onlookers.

"Fine by me." He huffs, sarcasm in his tone. We stood still, watching a male with an expensive suit, jewerly and a cigar boast about the piece of papers, which weren't even his to begin with.

"This valuable piece of documentation, is previously valued at 7471550 yen! The bidding will start soon, so keep your money hot folks!" The large man announces, waving his hat around so that he gained more attention. I exchanged a glance with JK, which told me that we needed to hurry.

"I'll go tell the dweebs, find something that'll make a huge distraction." I whisper, with him returning it with a nod. Before I made my way through the crowds like the blackette male, I glanced back to see Nayeon's group gone and out of sight. I cursed under my breathe, turning to dash through the crowds.

I focused into the conversations around me, closing my eyes to try and pinpoint either Jeongyeon or Dahyun's voice.

"That's the papers 'fo 'tha military goodies, ain't it?"

"They really expect this scrap piece of paper to not be stolen? Fuckin' daft, they are."

"What's with all this high security? What's the big deal?"

"Hell yeah I'm biddin'! You'd be dumb not to go for that gold."

"Lisa, I don't think this is water."

I opened my eyes and looked over to the left, seeing a pair of messy, blonde and purple heads at the food table. I rolled my eyes, cutting through the crowd. Before I could taste salvation, something grabbed my hand, tugging me hard through the crowd. The opposite way, didn't get a chance to scream as my head was pressed into a chest.

"Y/N?! What are you doing here?!" I pushed myself from the silky fabrics to notice the colour of bright yellow. My soul left my body as my eyes cascaded upwards, meeting a dark yellow orbs that stared at me.

"U-Uhm, hey Chae. Fancy seeing you here." I chuckled nervously, knowing that I was so dead. However, she seemed more worried then me.

"Nayeon's been going psycho! Why didn't you come back tonight? You were supposed to!" she whisper shouted, leaning closer to me. I froze, biting the inside of my cheek.

Oh fuck. I forgot. Again.

"I-something big came up, and needed to take care of it. It's for a friend, and I need to do it because I fucked up." I explain, looking at the ground. "I'll apologize to Nayeon later, I just need to get this done." I looked up to see her frowning. Letting out a sigh, she let go of my shoulders.

"If... if she sees you, then she'll flip out. You're not really supposed to be here..." she looks back around the corner to which she dragged me, giving a small frown before glancing back to me. "What are you doing here? Especially by yourself! Do you know how dangerous it is here?" she suddenly perked up, eyes widened as she looked at me, her gaze quite serious. I gave a confused look, before giggling.

"Chae, you're too sweet. I'm fine, really. I've got friends who are meant to be watching my back." I gave a positive smile, putting the yellow head to ease, somewhat. She stepped forwards, hands in my shoulders as she leaned down to look me in the eyes.

"Are you sure you're going to be safe, Y/N?" she asked, her usually bright and cheery tone gone, now replaced with a serious and very unlike Chaeyoung trait. I nodded firmly, returning a confident look.

"You don't need to worry, Chae. I'll be safe. However-" I pointed to the gun sticking out from her grey suit jacket, "-I'm more concerned on what you plan to do with that." I smirk, looking back at her. She paused before giving a toothy grin, leaning back as she rubbed her neck.

"Well, Nayeon unnie said that we needed to be stacked with guns and such. I don't really need it, but I had to have at least one. It's kinda unmanly." she gave a chuckled, but was interrupted by the sound of glass smashing and people screaming, then the sound of gun fire. The yellow head immediately sprung into action, covering me with her body as her nice and clean suit ripped from her skin hardening and jutting out.

"Uh oh." I whispered, looking out over her shoulder to see blue flames rising to the top.

"I SAID A DISTRACTION! NOT A FUNERAL!!" I almost snorted at V waving his arms around, beckoning for the male to stop, but thought better of it and focussed in.

"Chae, could you do me a favour?" I ask quickly, watching as her eyes skimmed the crowds of people running away. She looked at me and shook her head quickly.

"No no no! I know what you're going to say! I have 'ta protect you!" she shrieked, holding me tighter. I sighed before crouching down suddenly. quickly stepped back, jumped back up and stood on my tip toes, delivering a kiss on the cheek of the cub. She stuttered while I was already running.

"Just keep away Nayeon!" I yelled back, watching her confused gaze as she touched her cheek. I dashed towards the chaos of gunfire, flames, and other quirks being used. I ran to V and stood by his side as he held up a man with ease with his shadow limb.

"Doesn't this just look peachy." I remark, frowning at it all. He dropped the guy and shrugged.

"Well, allow me to welcome you to hell."

I'm currently working on a new fanfic. It's about a hidden university whose students are the children of most powerful families in industry. You (Y/n) are a substitute teacher who is about to begin your journey at that university. As your relationship with the nine girls deepens, you notice something different about them.

And I'm debating whether to call the book Secret and Fear or Diver, given that you'll be diving into each other's past.