Chapter 1

"Hey Methuselah, I have a question for you," Behemoth rumbled. The kaiju cat waved his tusked teeth around as he remarked, "Why on earth do we have to migrate south every year? Can't we just stay up here and enjoy the winter?" Keeping a steady marching pace, Methuselah growled, "How can one enjoy the winter when there is ice everywhere?!" With that, the hulking feline picked up speed. Frowning slightly, Behemoth chased his pal down and replied, "Then why don't we just stay south? I'm sick of traveling!"

"Help! Help us!" a bunch of Skullcrawlers cried, struggling in the small pit of tar they had fallen in. They were covered head to toe in the sticky black substance. A much larger Skullcrawler dragged himself over to the embankment and growled, "Kids, get out of there now! This is ridiculous!"

"But... but Dad!" one of the baby Skullcrawlers whimpered. He slipped and fell deeper into the tar. Rolling his eyes, the father bared his sharp teeth and snapped, "No buts! You all can play extinction later!" With that, he dragged himself back into the crowd. Sighing heavily, the baby Skullcrawler heaved himself to his feet and murmured, "Aw. Come on guys, let's go." The group clambered out of the shallow tar pit and followed their father.

"And I was all like, baby I am gorgeous. Why do you not like me anymore? And then he had the nerve to slap me with his tail!" Megagurius gossiped with her friend Battra. Gasping, the black yellow and red kaiju cat exclaimed, "He did not!" Megaguirus nodded her head and responded, "Oh he did sweetie!"

"What did you do then?" Battra asked. Chuckling to herself, Megagurius puffed her chest out pridefully as she declared, "I pushed him off a cliff! I don't think we'll ever see him again!" Flicking her ear, Battra murmured, "Amen to that girl."

"King Caesar! Let's go! The migration is under way!" Scylla shouted. She and her buddy Barb were standing underneath a sturdy oak tree. Up in the branches was King Caesar. Scoffing, the thick maned feline hissed, "I ain't going! Do you know how hard it is to find a good tree for a home? I worked my tail off claiming this! And I'm staying with it forever!" Huffing, Barb muttered, "Let's just go, it's clear that he wants to freeze to death during the winter."

"Wait! Don't leave me here! I don't want to freeze," King Caesar whimpered, terrified, "I just can't get down from up here. Please help me."

"Hey Kumonga!" Titanosaurus called out, spotting an old friend among the crowd. Dashing over on nimble paws, he head butted the tabby in the shoulder playfully. "Long time no see! Anything new with you old pal?" the red kaiju cat purred, wagging his tail. Shrugging her shoulders, Kumonga murmured, "Eh, not much I'm afraid."

"Where's Kamacurus? I thought he would be here today?" Titanosaurus commented. He looked around but he couldn't see the big yellow eyed kaiju cat. With a heavy sigh, Kumonga grumbled, "I don't know, nor do I care really. The last time I saw him, he said he was on the verge of an evolutionary breakthrough." At that moment, everyone heard something to their left. Sure enough, there was Kamacurus running towards the edge of a cliff. "Check it out everyone! I'm gonna fly!" he shouted, jumping. Gravity instantly became his enemy though and so he crashed on the ground.

"Some evolutionary breakthrough," Gamera muttered, having overheard Titanosaurus and Kumonga's conversation.