Chapter 11

"Uh, hey. Godzilla. Aren't you forgetting something?" Anguirus questioned, shocked. Continuing to walk away, Godzilla responded curtly, "Nope." A gasp escaping from his throat, Anguirus exclaimed, "You can't just leave her here! We just saw her mother die! You saved her!"

"I'm still trying to get rid of the last thing I saved," Godzilla pointed out. He was still walking away. Anguirus huffed angrily. Then he gently picked up baby Mosura and held her close to his chest. Looking back at his traveling companion, he called, "Look! We won't have to look after her for long. I know Mosura lived with the humans and I know where the humans live. We'll just give her back."

"I'm sorry, there is no we. In fact, if it hadn't been for me, there wouldn't be a you right now," Godzilla growled. Turned around to face Anguirus and the baby, he snarled, "And you're not going to get me anywhere near that human camp. That's the last thing I need." Anguirus opened his mouth to speak but Godzilla quickly interrupted, "I'm. Not. Going."

"Fine. I'll take her back myself. The humans wouldn't even like you, you're too mean," Anguirus retorted. Taking a hold of Mosura's scruff, he trotted away with his spiky tail in the air. Scoffing, Godzilla rolled his eyes yet he followed the blue kaiju cat. He wanted to see how bad he would fail. "Don't worry, we don't need that mean old black cat. I'll take good care of you until we find your humans," Anguirus promised Mosura, his voice muffled by the brown tabby fur on her scruff. He glanced up.

A cliff and its companion waterfall towered over him.

"It's not too late to quit!" Godzilla commented. Anguirus swiftly silenced him with a glare. Then he turned to face the cliff. He'd show that grump. Keeping a firm grip on Mosura's scruff, he began his climb. His very long and difficult climb. The blue kaiju cat had managed to get one third of the way up when he remembered that he wasn't built for climbing. Welp, no turning back now. It was a long way down and even longer up.

"You're an embarrassment to nature, do you know that?" Godzilla called, still at the bottom of the cliff. Chuckling, Anguirus retorted, "This is a piece of cake buddy! I got this under control!" To himself, he muttered, "I'm gonna die..." He was struggling to climb the cliff now. And to make matters worse, he was losing his grip on the baby Mosura. Then he lost his grip.

"Godzilla! The cub!" Anguirus screamed, horrified. Godzilla was already up on his feet. He had witnessed the whole thing happen. Now the little Mosura cub tumbled through the air, giggling her head off like there was nothing wrong. The ground was getting closer and closer. Running as fast as he could, Godzilla bunched his muscles together. He was ready to jump.

All of a sudden, there was a flash of red and a squeal.