Chapter 2

All of the sudden, the front of the parade erupted into gasps. The ones in the back turned their heads forward sharply. They were all wondering what was the reason behind the gasps. They too were gasping when they realized what had gotten everyone's attention. Then they found themselves scrambling to get out of the way before they could be run over. This allowed a path for perhaps one of the largest kaiju cats anyone had ever seen.

Godzilla was a huge black kaiju cat. A long line of gray spots ran down from his head to the very tip of his long tail. His muzzle, throat, chest and belly were the same shade of gray. Black claws adorned his large paws. As he walked, one could see his muscles shifting under his dark pelt. His expressionless face featured two canine teeth peeking out of his mouth from their secure location on his bottom jaw and two golden yellow eyes that could stare right at someone's soul. This was a kaiju cat who should not be bothered by anyone or anything.

"Hey, you! Do us all a favor and get off the road!" a voice hissed. Halting in his tracks, Godzilla looked down. He was face to face with the Skullcrawler father from before. Glaring at the much larger kaiju cat, the Skullcrawler continued, "The traffic is going the other way! You're heading in the wrong direction!"

"Listen here pal, if my back legs were paralyzed like yours, I wouldn't go around bringing attention to myself!" Godzilla snarled, shoving his face close to the Skullcrawler. Backing away fearfully, the Skullcrawler mumbled, "I'm sorry, I just want to get my family down south before the snow comes." Nearby were all of his kids. Bowing his head, he whimpered, "Please, I'm really sorry."

"Go on, go south," Godzilla muttered. Walking past the Skullcrawler family, he called over his shoulder, "It'll be quieter with all of you gone!" The entire migration parade watched the dark colored kaiju cat walk away, continuing north. "Well," Gamera remarked, "It's his funeral. Let's keep moving everyone, winter is coming and we need to go south! Unless someone else wants to try surviving the cold up north." With that, the migration started up again, ignoring the strange feline who wanted to be alone.

They also ignored the burrow dug out near their path, blissfully unaware of the kaiju cat sleeping inside.