Chapter 17

"Who's a cute little baby? You are! You are Mosura!" Anguirus chirped as he tickled the kitten. The little thing squirmed and squeaked happily. Returning from a patrol around the surrounding area, Godzilla noticed the pair playing. Growling something under his breath, the black kaiju cat marched over and snatched the cub away. Startled, Anguirus cried, "Hey!"

"She's supposed to be asleep, you imbecile!" Godzilla snarled, carrying the kitten over to a flat rock. Laying down upon it, he held the cub close as he continued lecturing Anguirus, "We still have a lot of ground to cover and the last thing we need is to have a cranky child who didn't get enough sleep at night. Oh, and a cub."

"Oh come on Big G, Mosura and I were just playing," Anguirus mumbled. His ears perking up, Godzilla snapped, "You named her?!" Jumping back out of fear, Anguirus protested, "She needed a name! I gave her one!" An angry hiss silenced the blue kaiju cat. His black fur bristling, Godzilla growled to himself. Turning his gaze away, he ordered, "Just get some sleep Anguirus. We need all the energy we can get to travel tomorrow."

"Okay..." Anguirus mumbled quietly before he went over to his sleeping place. Looking back, he asked, "Can Mosura sleep with me?" Godzilla growled a response. Watching as the blue furred feline crept away, the large kaiju cat glanced down at the kitten. Curled up into a tight ball, the kitten was fast asleep and using his paw as a pillow. At last, Godzilla turned to Rodan. The red kaiju cat had surprisingly slept through their conversation. Feeling a bit calmer now, Godzilla allowed sleep to overcome him. Closing his eyes, he drifted off into the world of dreams.

Rodan's eyes snapped open.

The coast was clear. Everyone was asleep. Silently getting up, Rodan crept towards the slumbering Godzilla. Laying in his paws was the little kitten. Looming over the tiny figure, Rodan glanced at Godzilla before slowly reaching out towards the cub.

A twig snapped.

Muttering something in his sleep, Godzilla pulled the Mosura kitten closer to him. It was now impossible to grab her. Frustrated, Rodan turned his gaze towards the nearby hill, where the sound had come from. Someone was watching them. Prowling closer, Rodan paused for a moment before he launched himself at the stalker. He was about to strike when he recognized the face staring up at him. Shocked, the red feline muttered, "What the..."

"Go ahead and claw me to shreds! I'll do the same to you!" Gigan vowed, baring his teeth. Getting off the one eyed kaiju cat, Rodan hissed, "Would you be quiet cyclops? I'm working here." A small chuckle caught their attention. Slinking into view, Ni purred, "Is that what you're doing right now?"

"What are you two doing here?" Rodan questioned, raising one eyebrow. The other two kaiju cats were circling him. Flicking his tail, Ni was the one to answer, "My brother is growing restless. He sent us to deliver you a message."

"Yeah! He said come back with the Mosura cub, or don't come back AT ALL!" Gigan sneered, laughing maliciously. Unfazed by the threat, Rodan murmured, "Well I've got a message for Ichi. Tell him I'm bringing the cub, and I'm also bringing someone else. An alpha Titan." Gasping, Gigan stuttered, "An alpha Titan?!"

"That's impossible. Besides Mosura, my brothers and myself, there are no other alpha Titans," Ni pointed out. Smirking, Rodan flicked his torn ear as he commented, "Look for yourselves." The trio crept towards the top of the hill and peered down at the camp below. "Oh my goodness," Ni whispered, his eyes widening. Scraping his claws through the dirt, Gigan meowed, "What are we waiting for? Let's get him!"

"No! Not now! He may be outnumbered but he's very powerful!" Rodan retorted, snapping at Gigan's face. His tail lashing as sparks flew from the end, the red kaiju cat went on, "We'll need the whole pride to take him down. Go and tell the others, prepare. I'll bring the cub and the alpha Titan before the next full moon. Now go!"

"We'll be waiting for you, don't screw up," Ni warned as he and Gigan ran off into the night. Scoffing, Rodan flicked his torn ear before making his way back down the hill. Settling down in his resting spot, the red kaiju cat laid down and fell asleep knowing his mission had been updated. And he had the perfect plan to complete said mission.

He had to gain some trust.