Chapter 15

And so the journey began. The group of four traversed the land. Anyone who saw them would say that they were the strangest thing they had seen in a long time. After all, there was the gigantic muscular male keeping a close eye on the skinny saber toothed cat in the lead. By his side was the lumbering spiky furred oaf carrying a brown tabby kitten. The group traveled west in silence, at least for the most part until noon.

That's when the kitten started crying, and she cried for the next three to four hours.

"You gotta make it stop. I can't take it anymore!" Godzilla whimpered. His gray colored ears were pinned against his head. Every cry from the baby Mosura cub made him cringe. His orange tipped tail lashing angrily side to side, Rodan spat, "I've eaten caribou that complained less!"

"Guys, she's still crying! What should I do?!" Anguirus piped up. He was struggling to hold onto the kitten. She wouldn't stop squirming in his grasp and she definitely wouldn't stop crying. At that moment, she let out an ear splitting wail that hurt the males' eardrums. Having enough, Godzilla shouted, "That's it! Set it down!"

"Okay okay," Anguirus mumbled. Approaching a nearby flat top rock, he set the kitten down. She barely took notice as she kept bawling her eyes out. Nuzzling the cub, Anguirus whimpered, "What's wrong little one? Why are you crying?" Peering over his shoulder, Rodan muttered, "Is her nose dry? If her nose is dry, something's wrong." Tilting his head to the side, Anguirus murmured, "Maybe someone should lick it, just in case."

"Wait a second guys, when was the last time she had to go?" Godzilla interrupted. Frowning in confusion, Anguirus asked, "What do you mean? She's not going anywhere except back to the humans." Rolling his eyes, Rodan joined in, "Not that kind of go you idiot! When was the last time she had to go to the bathroom?" Eyes widening, Anguirus slowly glanced at Godzilla. They both were thinking the same thing. The kitten hadn't gone at all today. Sensing that, Rodan muttered, "Great. Who's going to be the one to make sure she goes?"

Dead silence.

"I nominate Anguirus," Godzilla declared. Practically jumping out of his skin, Anguirus exclaimed, "Why me?!" Shoving his muzzle in the smaller kaiju cat's face, Godzilla growled, "Returning the runt was your idea. You have been on my nerves ever since I saved your sorry butt. You're making me work with you, an idiot, and the sadistic devil over there to return the runt. I'm stuck on this road trip with you two. Also, I will pummel you to a pulp if you don't."

"Anything else?" Anguirus asked, trembling. Eyes blazing with anger, Godzilla bellowed, "NOW ANGUIRUS!" He swatted the blue kaiju cat on the back of the head with one large paw. Her sky blue eyes lightening up with delight, the Mosura cub giggled happily. Seeing that, Rodan meowed, "Hey, do that again. She likes it." Godzilla did so and whacked Anguirus on the head. The kitten giggled happily again. Smiling, Godzilla purred, "It's making me feel better too."

"Yeah, me too," Rodan snickered. A deep scowl on his face, Anguirus stuck his tongue out at the red kaiju cat. He received another whack to the head. Laughing, the Mosura cub tried smacking Anguirus too, swiping at his face with her little paws. He quickly put a stop to that. The kitten resumed crying as a result. Glaring at Anguirus, Godzilla muttered, "Now look what you did."

"Move aside fools!" Rodan hissed. Standing in front of the crying kitten, he covered his eyes and murmured, "Where's the baby?" Uncovering his eyes, he exclaimed, "There she is!" Thankfully, the cub was so shocked she stopped crying. Covering his eyes again, Rodan mumbled, "Where's the baby? There she is!" This time the cub was so scared she began wailing again. Shoving Rodan aside, Godzilla snapped, "Stop it, you're scaring it!"

Just then, the three heard the cub's stomach growling.

"I bet she's hungry," Anguirus declared. "And no one here has any milk to give the runt," Godzilla muttered, rubbing his forehead. Patting the bigger feline on the shoulder, the blue kaiju cat murmured, "Don't worry, we'll find something." Scoffing, Rodan muttered, "We're wasting time. Let's just get her back to the humans. They can deal with her." Gasping in horror, Anguirus cried, "She needs food now! How can you be so heartless?!"

"I'd watch what you say you little weasel. You have no idea what you're messing with," Rodan snarled, baring his sharp teeth. His spiky fur bristling, Anguirus muttered, "Don't try it." His head about ready to split from all of the crying and shouting, Godzilla roared, "ENOUGH!" At the same time, there was a small thud in the bushes. Turning around, the group found a melon. Whooping cheerfully, Anguirus purred, "Thank you universe!"

"Better than nothing I guess," Godzilla grumbled. He padded over to the melon. Before he could grab it though, a scrawny little cat leaped out of the bushes. It was a Leafwing. Jumping onto the fruit, the small feline hissed threateningly at the group. It then began rolling the melon away. The four travelers watched in bewilderment.