Chapter 17*

Eran halted his steps

Eran halted his steps. Uh... what am I supposed to tell him? That I was watching his back as he walked? Eran walked to Riley's side quietly and glanced up at him. Following his speed, Riley walked beside him.

"Are you still irritated?"

"Oh." Eran had forgotten that he was irritated from the party when he met up with Riley. "No." He leaned towards Riley, his shoulder softly bumping into Riley's arm. "Not anymore."

"Could it be... You're a little drunk?" Riley smiled teasingly.

I wonder what might happen if I were to pretend to be drunk. Though, Eran decided, perhaps he was a tiny bit tipsy. He decided to respond with only a shrug.

"How much did you drink? What happened at the party that made you," he placed his index and middle finger on the inner ends of Eran's eyebrows and pinched them together, "irritated?"

Eran rubbed the spots Riley's fingers had been in, though it hadn't hurt. The young man's fingertips were strangely warm. Eran sighed loudly and leaned into Riley's arm again. "Hmm... From the beginning..." Eran began to recall the worst parts of his night...

As soon as Eran came through the door of 300Z, he noticed that only half of the department was there, and the only people missing from the microbio

As soon as Eran came through the door of 300Z, he noticed that only half of the department was there, and the only people missing from the microbio. section were him, Elias, and his female mentee, Mya.

"Eran, I saved a seat for you," one of the department's few girls patted the chair beside her.

Eran smiled. "Thanks, Sienna, but you didn't need to, there are empty seats everywhere." He looked away and instead sat in the nearest chair.

Elias sat down across from Eran. "You know that's not what she meant."

Eran looked at Elias with an emotionless face. "Huh? Did you say something?" he replied in his robotic tone. While in undergrad, he'd dated anyone who asked, Sienna had never asked though it was obvious she liked him. He didn't dislike her, just the fact that she was never straightforward about anything. She'd spent six years trying to get close to him yet couldn't even say three words.