Chapter 35

The next morning, Eran and Riley overslept

By skipping breakfast, they were both able to make it to their first classes with seconds to spare. Riley had tried to make some sort of morning snack, but Eran kept pulling him away from the kitchen (literally), and scolding him for wasting time. Riley always made their lunches—at least partially—the night before. However, this time Riley worried that Eran would still be hungry even after finishing his lunch. Riley sulked in the car and Eran noticed.

"I told you we shouldn't have—" Eran was cut off by Riley's challenging glare.

Don't you dare, Riley thought, after the way you were acting last night...

Eran blushed and laughed timidly. "Nevermind."

Tony didn't even try to hide the disappointment on his face when he saw Riley was not going to be absent that day. During breaks between classes, Jay was busy "catching up on some work" (meaning, starting work that was due as soon as the teacher entered). Left alone, Riley's only companions were the vivid memories of Eran doing this and that from last night, and getting a hard-on in school would be bad, to say the least.

Elias's message to Riley before lunch didn't help. The message consisted only of a sneakily taken picture of Eran's neck.

When in bed during their first round (yes, they did it more than once), Eran asked why Riley had stopped kissing his neck.

"I don't want to leave any marks," Riley explained.

Eran grew strangely silent. Again, his lust compelled him to say something crazy, but Riley stopped him. "So if someone says, 'Hey, Eran, is that a hickey?' you're seriously perfectly fine with it?"

Eran silently thought about it, which surprised Riley. He's actually considering it?

"I don't care if anyone knows I have a lover. And once you're a college student, I don't care if everyone knows that lover is you," Eran stated casually.

Riley hugged his boyfriend, nuzzling his smiling face against Eran's chest. "You're the best."

"I know." Eran tilted his head, exposing his neck. "Now kiss me."

By the time they left the house that morning, most of the bruises were gone, but a couple still lingered. Even so, Eran insisted that he didn't care.

If he knew about this bite mark he gave me, Riley touched his right shoulder with the opposite hand, he'd understand how I feel.

"With that weird expression," Jay gestured to Riley's face, "you've gotta let me see." If Elias saw, then definitely Jay could look, Riley reasoned. He turned the phone so Jay could clearly see the screen.

Jay studied it, like a judge in a competition. "There's a lot of ways I can reply to that, but I don't think any of them are appropriate."

"