Epilogue: One Year Later

Eran sat on the floor as Riley sat on the sofa blow drying his hair for him. Eran leaned his head against Riley's thigh.

Riley tugged the hair on the opposite side of Eran's head, pulling it upright.

Eran shot him a look. "You've gotten cocky."

"Are you sleepy?"

"No." Eran kissed Riley's thigh and glanced up at him.

Riley froze, staring at Eran, wondering what to do. Finally, he turned off the blow dryer. "Let's get married."

"What?" Eran asked and looked as if he'd just heard something completely incomprehensible.

Riley stared at him silently, knowing that Eran understood well enough.

Eran shifted uncomfortably and looked away. "Remember that time you kissed me while I was asleep?"

Riley covered his face and groaned. "I apologized for that, like, a million times. Don't you think two weeks of your cold treatment was enough punishment?"

"I still don't know if you learned your lesson."

"I did!" Riley pouted. "And stop trying to change the subject by making me feel guilty!"

Eran was the one to shift his eyes guiltily this time. "W-why do we need to get married?"

"Legal benefits," Riley suggested, knowing that something practical would appeal more. "We can be on the same insurance and get tax breaks. We can handle business as a joint unit... contractually share stuff... or something..."

Eran paused to think.

Is he contemplating it or searching for excuses? Riley wondered.

He has a point, Eran admitted. Being married holds more weight socially, and it'll help with establishing a career. "Maybe... after you graduate."

It was Riley's turn to be shocked. "What?"

"After you graduate."

"That... That'll be in 3 years."

Eran rolled his eyes like he didn't see the problem.

"What if one of us gets sick or has an accident and dies before then?"

"And you say I'm negative..." Eran's expression remained reluctant. "Fine, then when you graduate."

"Isn't that what you just said?"

"Well, I was thinking you'd get established in a career first."

Riley was speechless. That's what he meant by "after?"

Eran glanced up at him with those vulnerable eyes that always made Riley give in. He recoiled slightly when Riley suddenly smirked.

"Sure," Riley agreed. "We'll do it when I graduate."

"It's settled." Eran stood up and put his knee on the sofa between Riley's legs and his hands on Riley's shoulders. "Now, kiss me."

Riley kissed him, internally grinning. He'd thought of the time-frame conditions Eran had proposed in the past. Riley smiled. He'll be my husband within the next year.