Chapter 22

Am I dreaming? Did Eran just say, "So?" Meaning, 'So what if I kiss him?' Or maybe

Am I dreaming? Did Eran just say, "So?" Meaning, 'So what if I kiss him?' Or maybe... he thinks I won't do it... I'm sorry Eran... but every nerve in my body means it.

"Then..." Riley tilted Eran's head upwards by placing his thumb and index finger around Eran's chin. He moved his head closer. "I'm going to kiss you..."

Eran gazed back, glanced away, glanced the other way, then rested his eyes back on Riley.

"I'll probably taste like alcohol." Riley wanted to see how serious Eran was.

Eran didn't twitch and his eyes didn't flicker again. His expression remained serious and relaxed.

Riley moved his face closer slowly, in case Eran changed his mind. I'm being nice. Riley decided any time for regret was over and he softly touched Eran's lips with his own. Each second, he'd push a little more. After quite a few seconds, he pulled away.

He noticed Eran's half closed eyes quickly flicker open. He was closing his eyes! Just that small factor rose Riley's feelings of passion. He kissed Eran again and Eran allowed. Another two times and Eran had closed his eyes and clenched the sides of Riley's shirt. But Riley was noticing something; though Eran was accepting the kisses and beginning to press back, at the same time, he was leaning back and away. Confused by the mixed signals, Riley decided to escalate to open mouthed kisses. Eran had begun to kiss back without hesitancy, though he still pulled and walked; he had been backing them up to the wall—unintentionally or intentionally, Riley couldn't tell. Partially to determine and mostly because of desire, Riley began to slip his tongue between Eran's lips and into his mouth.

At that same time, right before Eran's back touched the wall, Eran pulled back. He put one hand on Riley's arm and the other on Riley's chest, as if ready to push back if Riley tried to move forwards. Eran shifted his eyes, covered them with his forearm, sighed, then slid down the wall. Riley followed and sat down where he was, in front of Eran.

"With an 18-year-old... what am I doing?"

Riley didn't like the topic of their age gap, but he understood how Eran must have been feeling. Even though it's legal, he must still consider me a kid, after all.

"I'm not leaving..." Eran hid his face against his knees. "How could I leave when I'm only ever happy when you're there? Here at home, at the lab, everywhere... I hate that you're not there when I turn around."

Riley was left shocked at this confession, though Eran still wouldn't look at him.

Eran chuckled and continued, "I didn't realize my life was so boring and lonely until you came... The person that I care about most, out of the few people I do, is someone I would never leave. And someone who I won't let leave me." Eran took hold of Riley's shirt again. "So don't worry. Don't do stupid shit like this again. I'd rather not see you than see you stupid-drunk."