Chapter 50*

The university auditorium was humming with excitement

The university auditorium was humming with excitement. Eran looked around at the well-to-do families of Riley's classmates and tried to remember his own graduation.

"I'm bored already," Elias murmured from the seat beside him.

A month before, Eran had begged Elias to attend the graduation with him. Elias had finally relented, saying, "You owe me."

Although Riley was graduating high school and therefore a major chapter of adolescence, Eran felt little excitement and found himself sighing during the ceremony. "This is really boring."

Elias slouched down more in his seat. "There's something wrong with this whole tradition if both the kids and their families are bored."

When Riley's name was finally called, Eran did feel a surge of something. He's officially mine. No longer a high school student. No longer a kid. Okay, still a teen but at least he's not in compulsory schooling anymore.

Once everything had ended, Eran and Elias stood outside. Riley came bounding up, smiling. He's still a kid after all.

"Hm? Where are my flowers?" he asked Eran.

"Is that a joke or did you really want flowers?" For a brief second, Eran worried.

Riley smiled innocently. "I'd rather have you."

Elias responded with a micro disgusted face.

"I'm a graduate now, does that mean we can touch in public?" Riley had seemed to calm down a lot since he first came over. Wait, did he seriously want flowers? Or was he jokingly exaggerating when he first came?

"Not until tomorrow." Eran looked sideways.

"...What?"

"You're a fresh graduate."

Elias interrupted. "I'm leaving then."

Before he could take a step in any direction, Jay jumped on him from behind, wrapping an arm around his neck. "Leaving so soon? Why?"

"Ow." Elias pried Jay off just as Jay's parents and sister approached the bunch.

They congratulated Riley. Eran noticed Jay's little sister, remembering Jay said he was her type. He glanced at Riley to see any reaction.

"Thanks," Riley gestured to Eran. "This is Eran. He's been taking care of me."

Jay's parents introduced themselves as Sam and Katherine as they and Eran exchanged greetings.

Jay bounced on his heels. "And so, this is Elias, Eran's friend. Don't be fooled by his face. He's actually excited to be here. Right?"

Elias smiled politely. "Has he always been so carefree?" Jay's parents responded with apologetic hums and haws.

Jay's sister glanced around. "This is the school you and Riley are going to?"

Jay looked at his sister. "Oh crap. I forgot about Ashley."