Chapter 18*

Holding his empty mug, Riley watched in amusement, affection, and attraction as Eran chugged down the drink with his eyebrows furrowed, Adam's apple bobbing, and a stream of hot chocolate pouring from the corner of his mouth and down his jaw

Eran sighed and put his mug down forcefully on the table. He coughed before declaring, "It was a fluke."

"How?"

"Mine was hotter. Probably because it wasn't being waved around like yours."

Waved?

"Also, I just realized," he started, beginning to wipe off the leaked chocolate from his mouth and jaw with the half of his hand that was sleeved, "the volume of my cup is about four millilitres more than yours."

'Just realized'? "You really hate to lose don't you?"

Eran glared and rubbed at the new damp spot on his sleeve. "Yes."

Riley stared at Eran's jaw where it slightly shined—the light reflecting the moisture Eran had failed to remove.

I want to kiss him. I want to kiss him. I want to kiss him. Riley felt a pang in his chest and looked away, balling his fists. When he looked back, he noticed a small puddle of liquid held by Eran's collarbone. Riley relaxed his hands. After pulling his sleeves far enough over his hands that their skin would not touch, he dabbed at the puddle, then wiped the back of his hand across that spot and the area on Eran's jaw. If it's just things like this... If I can get away with just things like this, I'll be okay. Probably.

As Riley cleaned Eran dry, he put on a smile and said, "Going by your observations, even with those variables considered, the difference in the data is so small that I'd still have won, right?"

Eran pursed his lips before smirking. "Smartass."

"Work on your losing excuses, Mr. Kristiansen," Riley replied as he stood up, mainly because of the feeling he couldn't handle in his stomach. Is this what they call, "butterflies in your stomach?" I didn't think that happened past the age of 12. Riley held back a sigh.

"You took advantage of me while I was drunk." Eran followed Riley into the kitchen.

"Drunk?"

Eran pushed Riley out of the way to wash the cups. He poured detergent in each then swished the bubbly water around.

This way, still? Riley had already given Eran a course in washing dishes. He obviously goes back to his old ways when I'm not here. "Okay, Teacher. Let's just chalk it up to me having more experience." He was doing that 'shot' the wrong way too.

Eran turned off the water and looked at Riley with a serious expression.

"Ah! But I don't do that anymore. I've been good." He leaned towards Eran, smiling innocently.