Chapter 15

Eran had a towel hung over his wet hair

Eran had a towel hung over his wet hair. "I can't believe you brought extra clothes," he said when Riley came out of the bathroom.

Riley chose to bathe second, knowing that he'd need time to build resolve after seeing and smelling a fresh, glowing Eran. "I told you, because of last time I thought I should be prepared just in case—I mean, who knows when some jerks will show up to come take my head." But mostly I was hoping that some way, somehow you'd invite me to sleep over, intentionally or not... "It's good you had a spare toothbrush."

Riley got a towel thrown at his face. "Why?" It smells like his shampoo. Heheh.

"You talk too much." Eran hid his face behind a book.

Hm? Riley tilted his head in curiosity at Eran's awkward behaviour. "Eh? Huh? Did I say that aloud?" Riley asked, panicking. There's no way...

"'Why?' If that's not it, then I think we're both better off not knowing. Probably."

He's totally thinking that I was thinking something weird... Oh. Riley mentally sighed in defeat. I was. He tossed the towel in with the laundry. Riley watched Eran mess his wet hair by rubbing his scalp. "You always go to bed with wet hair?"

"No. Sometimes it's dried by then."

"If you blow dried it, it'd be less messy." Even though it's cute how it is now.

Eran gave Riley a "Do you really think I care" look.

"You should at least do it for presentations and stuff."

"I probably do."

'Probably?'

"Get out of my hair unless you're going to blow dry it for me."

"I wouldn't mind but... You're starting to feel more like the child than the breadwinner."

"You're still going on with that?" With half-lidded eyes, Eran pursed his lips.

What is that look? Is he bothered? Amused? Sleepy? I can't tell. Riley thought it best to shift the conversation, "I look forward to seeing your bedhead in the morning."

Eran clicked his tongue. He stood up, went into his room and came out with a blanket and pillow. "Here." He placed them in Riley's arms. "Well, goodnight." He went back into his room and closed the door, without latching it.

Eyes staring at the barely ajar door, Riley brought the pillow to his chest and squeezed it slightly. What is this?... Am I actually feeling... lonely? What the hell am I thinking, anyway?There's more than one reason why we can't sleep together—

Suddenly, the door swung open. Eran stepped out with a bothered expression. "It feels weird with you out here and me in there."

Riley was nearly speechless. "Um..." It'd be totally out of character so... "You can't be wanting to switch places..."