Chapter 40

Eran opened up the apartment door and pulled in his suitcase

Eran opened up the apartment door and pulled in his suitcase. "I'm ba—" He was cut off by Riley's arms suddenly wrapping around him tightly. "Did you miss me that much?" Eran asked half-jokingly.

Riley blurted with speed, "I didn't tell you because I wanted you to focus on the conference and not be distracted...—"

Eran pulled away and guessed in alarm, "Your dad's here."

"Yesterday he said he wanted to come here and meet you, so I told him we'd go down to the apartment and meet him there."

"Today?"

"Today."

Eran looked at the clock on his cell phone. It was just after noon. "Have you had lunch?" Riley shook his head. "Then let's have lunch first. And I want to unpack."

Riley nodded and took Eran's suitcase. "Tell me about the conference. Was everyone amazed by your genius?"

Eran tugged on Riley's sleeve, pulling him back. When Riley turned around, Eran surprised him with a kiss. Even though he'd only been gone a few days, the taste of Riley's lips made it feel like Eran had experienced withdrawal. When Riley kissed him back, Eran had trouble pulling away. I want more, he thought. But Riley turned away and continued on as if he personally had no carnal desires. Eran hid his disappointment and followed behind his lover, hoping he'd get the chance to get closer to Riley that night.

 Eran hid his disappointment and followed behind his lover, hoping he'd get the chance to get closer to Riley that night

As Riley unlocked the front door to the apartment, they heard his name called from the parking lot. Eran recognized the voice as Riley's father's.

"Go ahead inside," Riley instructed Eran.

Eran complied, initially bothered but then relieved to see Riley following behind him. Looking around the apartment, he noticed that the big pieces of furniture were still there. "What's going to happen with this stuff?" he asked Riley.

"I was thinking of seeing if we could give the wooden pieces to Jay's parents for recycling," he answered as he looked through a box of foods in the kitchen. Eran moved to the kitchen table where Riley had picked out some tins of tea.