Chapter 27*

Ah

Ah... That smell... Omelet... I want to eat it... Ah! Something is touching my lips. Is it egg? Eran stuck out his tongue a little to get a taste.

"Agh!"

The egg went away and Eran slowly opened his eyes to see Riley covering his mouth, looking startled. Both he and the egg were on the bedroom floor. "So loud..." Eran groaned into the pillow.

"Th-that's because you... Wh-what the hell, Eran..."

Eran still felt strange when Riley said his name. They both looked at the inedible egg. Riley smiled sheepishly. Eran clicked his tongue then turned away.

"Well, it was just a sample." Riley stood up. "Get up or you'll be late." He started to leave the room.

"I don't want to go today. I'll skip."

Riley stopped momentarily. "Well, it's up to you," he answered with a shrug in his voice, then resumed walking out. "I'll come back when school ends."

Eran sat up abruptly, eyes hooked to Riley's back. "You wouldn't stay with me?" his tone of disbelief was somewhat loud.

Riley turned around and looked at Eran with a mature, unaffected aura. Then a smirk appeared. "I have to graduate and get into university. You forgot?"

Oh... Eran sighed dramatically. Riley was already back in the kitchen. "Yeah. Hurry and graduate," Eran mumbled.

When Eran finished washing up, breakfast was ready. The table was only missing cups. Eran reached into the cabinet which required no stretch, yet somehow the tall Riley pulling them out with ease bothered him. While it made his heart beat rapidly and Riley's stoic face was always nice up close, he figured it was jealousy. Eran grabbed Riley's sleeves and backed the startled younger man up to the counter.

By three seconds, Eran brought his tongue into the kiss. By five seconds, Eran seemed to be practically climbing on top of the counter and Riley. By seven seconds, they had pulled their mouths apart.

"Eran..."

Hearing his name, he nearly shivered.

"When you look at me like that, what am I supposed to do?"

After kissing Riley, Eran always tried to find something in Riley's eyes. Why and what that something was, Eran didn't know. But now seeing Riley's sad expression, Eran wondered what was showing in his own eyes.

Eran was forced to stop thinking when Riley's lips briefly, yet sweetly met his.

Oh... It's that I'm attracted to his height. Has it been that way this whole time? I mean, I'm not even that short. Is it girly for me to like how he looks down at me when he smiles? To like that he only has to lean forward to kiss my forehead?

"Let's stay in bed until my birthday." Riley hugged Eran tightly, leaning his head against his boyfriend's.

Eran couldn't help but smile. The idea didn't sound bad. Eran wouldn't mind spending any amount of continuous days in Riley's arms. "I'll try to come home early today."