Chapter 34*

By Monday, Eran's fever was gone

By Monday, Eran's fever was gone. Though Riley worried, Eran went to school. The end of the semester was approaching and Eran didn't want to miss a single day. Wednesday morning, he woke up fully recovered. After several instances of Riley acting cute, Eran finally gave him a reward for nursing Eran well: a deep kiss. Eran made sure it was in the morning before they left for school, so they had good reason to not get carried away. Thursday, he was able to leave campus early—two of his professors had to prepare for a conference and gave students an opportunity to prepare for their finals.

Eran was studying, but also constantly glancing at the time. Hurry up and come home. He suddenly remembered when Elias suggested Riley move in. Riley did practically live with Eran. It definitely looked like they were cohabiting. He could see it in the bathroom where two toothbrushes, two razors, two brands of shampoo and the like sat side-by-side. He could see it in the kitchen where two mugs rested by the kettle. He could see it also in the higher utility bills...

Eran didn't mind the idea of living with Riley. But asking Riley was difficult. Eran had tried to suggest it but chickened out at the last moment. Asking Riley to live with him might even be insensitive. It might be like asking him to forsake his family home. Eran knew the reason Riley didn't contribute to the bills—doing so would make living together official. The money Riley used to pay for their groceries came from his father. The rest was being wasted on a home no one was really living in. Was Riley hesitant because he didn't want Eran to support him; if Riley's dad found out, he might stop giving Riley allowance—and despite Eran insisting that he should focus on studying, Riley would want to get a part-time job.

Eran could speculate and speculate, but the fact was still that he hadn't even properly asked Riley.

Riley looked up at Eran from his dinner plate. "Why are you staring at me?"

"I like your face." Eran answered without much emotion. In reality, his leg was shaking nervously under the table.

Riley blinked with surprised eyes. He slowly put his fork down, his hands in his lap, and leaned back in the chair.

Eran could read Riley's thoughts. He picked up his fork and poked at a tomato. So much for being casual. He fluttered his eyelashes bashfully as he glanced at his lover from across the small table. "Move in with me." His eyes fluttered back down to his tomato.