18- THE FREY'S

Dyanna walked back and forth after Robb had told her his plan

Dyanna walked back and forth after Robb had told her his plan. To side with Walder Frey. She didn't think it was a good idea. "Robb, the Frey's are not a family you can trust. Especially to fight a war beside them." Robb had not taken his eyes from the map that was in the center of the room. "I need men to replace the Karstarks who marched home. There is only one person in this kingdom with that kind of army who hasn't already sided with the Lannisters. "

They had lost to many man. Due to the betrayal of the Karstarks, they lost even more man. "The one person whose daughter you were supposed to marry, Robb. Or did you forget that." Dyanna was not oppose of Robb marrying Talisa. She was wonderful, she really did love Robb. Dyanna only wanted the best for her family. But it cost them so much.

"I know Dyanna. But it is our last resort in order to win this war... I already sent out a Raven to the Freys." Dyanna slowly looked up at Robb.

"Before talking to me? I thought we tell each other our plans. And this one is not a very good one." Dyanna glare at Robb. How come she didn't tell her.

"Let me remind you Dyanna. I'm still King and whatever I say goes. We are going to side with the Freys. That's final." Dyanna shook her head and looked Robb straight in the eyes. "Then your an idiot. Excuse me, your Grace." Dyanna had no time to see Robb's reaction. She was already out the door when she heard her name being yelled at. "Dyanna!! Come back here."

She was already out in the yard when Daryn and Larence were behind her. "Get my horse ready!"

Before the brothers even knew it she was on her horse and across the yard.

Dyanna was upset with Robb. She couldn't understand why he would allow his army to fight with the Freys. They weren't a Northern house. They wouldn't care what happen to us.

King Robb , Lady Dyanna, Lady Catelyn, the Blackfish , Lord Edmure , "Black Walder" Rivers, and Lothar Frey sit around a large table.

Through Dyanna did not agreed with Robb she still attending the meeting between the Freys.

"Thank you for riding here so quickly. I know travel isn't easy in these times." Dyanna took a good look between both man. Due to traveling they were both dirty.

"The roads are crawling with cutthroats and bandits. But when the King of the North summons us, we come." "Black Walder" said. He looked at Robb but quickly moved his eyes to Dyanna, looking at her up and down and smirk.

"Our father has instructed us to tell you that his alliance with the North can continue if his terms are met. Lord Frey requires a formal apology for your violation of your sacred oath to marry one of his daughters." Lothar continued, Dyanna could still feel his eyes. She choose to ignore it, but all she could think of was digging his eyes out with her very own hands.

"Of course. He deserves as much. I was in the wrong." Dyanna looked at Robb.

"As restitution for this betrayal, he demands Harrenhal and all its attendant lands."

"I don't think that's" Edmure was ready to speak but was cut off.

"We are fighting for the North. Harrenhal is not in the North. It is his once the war is over and we have no further strategic need for it." Dyanna couldn't careless on what happens in Harrenhal. What she wanted was for the Frey's to leave and returning home. But that wasn't going to happen.

"And there's something else." Dyanna thought the Frey's were asking for to much. She thought, this wouldn't had happened if Robb fulfilled his duties.

"We will do whatever we can to give Lord Frey what he needs."

"Not what, whom." Black Walder looks at Edmure. Dyanna turns to see Edmure reaction. "What?"

Everyone was staring at Edmure. Edmure chuckles. "No."

"Our father requires Lord Edmure to wed one of his daughters- Roslin." Dyanna knew Lord Frey had many daughters. But of what she heard, they weren't what man wanted.

"How old is she?" Edmure ask. "Nineteen."

"Could I see her first?" Dyanna had form a small smile. Edmure did not want to marry a Frey.

"You want to count her teeth? We depart for the Twins in the morning. We need an answer before we leave and a wedding not more than a fortnight thereafter or this alliance is at an end."

"Your father does realize we're in the middle of a war?" The Blackfish talked for the first time they sat in this meeting.

"Father is old. It will put his heart at peace if he could see her wed to a good husband."

"And his recent experience has made him wary of long engagements." Dyanna knew Edmure had no lucky of getting out of this marriage proposal. Robb needed this.

"He has every right to be. Please excuse us while we discuss it." Lothar and Black Walder stood up and before Black Walder had left, he stopped in front of Dyanna. "My lady." Black Walder smile and Dyanna could tell he had lost a couple of his teeth.

Once he left. " I wanted to carve his eyes out." Dyanna stared at Catelyn.

"Why should I let that old ferret choose my bride for me? At the very least, I should be offered the same choice you were. I'm his liege lord." Edmure stands

"He's a proud man and we've wounded him." Dyanna rolled her eyes. Walder Frey a proud man. He was a disgusting lord alongside his sons.

"I didn't wound him. My answer is no."

The Blackfish stands up and walks over to Edmure. "Listen to me and listen very carefully. You"

"The laws of gods and men are very clear. No man can compel another man to marry." Edmure was quick to reply.

"The laws of my fist are about to compel your teeth."

"It's all right. You heard him. If you refuse, our alliance with the Freys is dead." Dyanna turn to Robb. Then to everyone else. " maybe the alliance between The Frey's were always meant to be dead. If Edmure doesn't want..."

"He's wanted me for one of his daughters since I was 12. He's not gonna stop wanting it now. When I say no, he will come back and offer me a daughter of my choosing." Edmure cut her off.

"You're willing to risk our freedom and our lives for a chance at a prettier wife?" Edmure stared at Catelyn.

"I have a war to fight. We can't win it without them. I have no time to haggle. You said you wanted to make amends for the Stone Mill."

"You recall that heroic engagement?"

"I had something less permanent in mind." Edmure answered back.

"I've won every battle, but I'm losing this war. If we don't do this and do it now, we're lost." Robb stared at his uncle, almost pleading to him to marry the Frey girl.

"I'll marry her." Edmure answer. Dyanna stared at him then to Robb.

"You're paying for my sins, Uncle. It's not fair or right. I'll remember it."

Dyanna was the first to leave. She was still upset. She made her way to the yard. Looking for Daryn and Larence.

She found them with a group of man.

"Excuse me." She made herself known in the group. She heard a lot of "My lady".

"Could I speak to Lord Daryn and Larence." All the man left. It was just the three of them.

"I need all our horses pack and ready. We be leaving in the morning." Daryn and Larence looked at each other.

"Where are we going?" Larence ask. Dyanna sigh. "We have a wedding to attend to at the Twins."