PROLOGUE

Dyanna Dayne was born on the hottest day the Dornish people have ever seen

Ser Arthur Dayne a newly father arrive with his best mate Rhaegar Targaryen when the news of his only child was born.

They were in a middle of a rebellion but Ser Arthur needed to know his daughter and hold and cherish her.

"She's beautiful, Arthur." Rhaegar patted his friends shoulder. Arthur couldn't stop looking at her. He knew he needed to win the war not only for Rhaegar but for her.

"We need to protect her. Nothing can happen to her." Arthur look straight into the dragon prince.

"I promise nothing will happen to your daughter. If she's anything like you, she be the best Swordsman the world have ever seen. Maybe even better then you old mate." Rhaegar laugh. Arthur knew her daughter would be safe with his sister in Starfall.

He but down his daughter back in her crib and kiss her on her forehead. "I love you."

Arthur Dayne walks towards his sister. Ashara Dayne knew her brother had to go back and fight.

"Promise me when I'm gone you protect her from any enemies that will harm her. Promise me that she be happy. And tell her I love her with all my heart and soul." Ashara nodded and gave him one last hug.

"What's her name?" She whisper into his ear.

"Dyanna. Dyanna Dayne of house Dayne."

With one long last look at his daughter. Rhaegar and Arthur left, returning back to war. Never returning back.
___
Ned Stark has rode through the night to Starfall. Having news for the family of Arthur Dayne.

When he arrived, House Dayne men's took him to Ashara.

"My lady, Lord Stark." Ashara look down at young Ned.

"Might I ask why are you here, my lord?" Ned Stark looked down and unbuckle his belt which was carrying a sword. Not any sword. Dawn. The family's sword which would be pass down to any worthy  warrior. Ashara knee it belonged to her brother which only meant one thing.

"Your brother fought bravely. It was only right to bring the sword back to your family's home." Ashara had tears in her eyes. Knowing that she lost her brother but her niece lost her father.

Ashara didn't know what to say to the man her killed her brother. She just sob and sob until Ned heard crying.

"My, lady are you with a child?" Ned Stark ask. Ashara turn and saw her niece crying. She walk over to Dyanna and kiss her forehead.

"She's not mine...." She looked at Ned. "She is Arthur's daughter." Guilt filled Young Ned. He had taken her father's life away.

"I promise Arthur I'll protect her. But how can I. She needs someone better. She needs her father." Tears running down her face.

Ned Stark walk over to the crying baby. He knew by bring another child home will mean his wife will need to take care of not only one but three but he couldn't leave her here, not when he had killed her father.

"My lady, I'm truly sorry of what happen to your brother. But... if anything helps I will be happy to raise this baby take her under my house, raise her as she was my own." Ashara stop crying and look at Ned.

"She... she belongs with me. I promise..."

"My Lady, are you capable to raise her. I promise she will be safe in the North. I promise she will be happy. I promise when she is a little bit older I teach her myself how to hold a sword just like her father." Ashara didn't know what to do. Dyanna deserve a place to grow up happy and with a family and if that meant with the Starks so be it.

"You promise Lord Stark that my niece will be happy. That her father's name will live inside her. That when she's older you tell her about her father." Ned Stark knee.

"I promise on my life your niece will know everything of the man your brother was. She will know everything." Ned Stark knew the time he had to tell her it was him that kill her father will be the most difficult.

"Then you should be heading back to the North." Ned stood up and carry the baby girl.

"What's her name?" Ned ask. Ashara looked down. "Her name is Dyanna Dayne."