12- ANOTHER BETRAYAL

"I am a women and a killer"

The heir of Hornwood and the Bastard of Hornwood stood in front of the King of the North and Dyanna. Lord Haly and Robb agree that his sons would protect Dyanna at any cost. It still upset Dyanna, but she understood that people were out to get them. She will need more eyes around her.

"Lady Dyanna is honor to have two great men serving her." Robb smile and look at Dyanna who nodded.

"My sons are honor to serve Lady Dayne. They will bring no shame to her." Dyanna look at the eldest son. He had not shown no emotion once he enter the tent. The youngest had only smile and nodded his head but turn stone cold once his father enter.

"We will be leaving for Crag soon. Dyanna you should prepare your horse." Dyanna nodded and exit the tent. She was walking and could feel people following her. She turn around and saw the brothers. She sigh and turn around ignoring them.

She had smile at the soldiers passing her. Everyone greeting her. She arrived at her horse and look at her new guards.

"Following me only makes me have a plan on losing you two." Dyanna said brushing her horse.

Larence looks at his brother and to her.

"Our job is protecting you, my lady." Dyanna sigh. "You can call me Dyanna. But how about you leave me alone and I can go tell Robb and your father how honor I am of your service." Dyanna hope they would agree.

"Then what kind of guard am I by leaving a lady with no protection." Dyanna looks at Daryn. He finally spoken and had a deep Northern voice. She only wish now he hadn't spoken.

"I have protection. My sword. And don't call me a lady." Dyanna argue back. Daryn smirks. "Of course, my lady." Dyanna rolled her eyes. And mounted her horse. "Let's see how fast you men are when I am on my horse." Dyanna smiles and takes off on her horse. The brother look at each other and ran after her.

Dyanna smile the brother weren't that bad. But she wouldn't tell Robb that.
___
On the road to Crag. Lady Talisa has join Robb. Dyanna stood behind. Daryn and Larence has finally caught up and gather there own horses. Dyanna could see Robb falling deeper and deeper in love with her. Dyanna sigh and look down at her horse.

"If you don't mind me asking, my lady... Dyanna. What's on your mind?" Larence had seen Dyanna staring at Robb. Dyanna sigh. After everything she experience, she needed someone to talk to, perhaps that could be Larence and Daryn. But she was afraid to trust others. Others that weren't her family.

"It's nothing important." Dyanna push it off. Daryn stare at her. "It does. You are still thinking of it. It's better to talk about things, my lady." He smiles, his first smile and Dyanna smile back but went back into thinking.

"If we didn't leave home... none of this would happen. Robb would get to choose on marrying the women he loves. The Starks would have been safe and together. I wouldn't have seen the death of Ned Stark. We were born in the long summer and winter is finally coming."

"You are right. If you haven't left Winterfell, Ned Stark would be alive, Robb would get to choose and follow his heart. But if you had stay, you will be a scare little girl, not a fighter you have become. Yes on the way to a new journey, you will lose some and win some. But what is life without death." Daryn knew by telling her the truth she will understand the world better. Dyanna was strong, but she needed to be stronger this cruel world.

"You speak wise words, Lord Daryn. Maybe I should call you Daryn the wise." Dyanna smile. Daryn smile. "I like the sound of Daryn the Brilliant." Dyanna laughs.

"Daryn the brilliant and Dyanna the Great. How about you Larence? What would people remember you by?" Larence did not expect him to be in the conversation. He had never talk to a high born lady. He was a Bastard and a disappointment to his family name.

"I do not know, my Lady." Larence head went down. Dyanna smile. "Larence the Kind. The kindest Guard in the whole Seven Kingdom!" Larence smile, Dyanna was different and he was starting to like the lady he will protect.

"Daryn the Brilliant, Larence the Kind and Dyanna the Great. Stories would be told of us for generations to come." Dyanna and the brothers laugh. For the first time since she left Winterfell she was finally happy. But she wouldn't for long.

A rider interrupted us. "Your Grace, milady. The Kingslayer, he escaped in the night."
___

Robb and Dyanna enter, finding Catelyn at her desk.

"Tell me this isn't true." Dyanna follow Robb. Dyanna was beyond upset. The Kingslayer was leverage.

Catelyn doesn't answer. She looks up at him.

"Why?" Dyanna ask out of belief she could have done this.

"For the girls." It was just a simple answer. "You betrayed me."

"Robb" Catelyn called out.

"No! You knew I would not allow it and you did it anyway." Robb shouted at his mother.

"He was our only way on getting them back." Dyanna told Catelyn. "We will never get them back." Dyanna sat back out of disbelief on not ever seeing Arya and Sansa.

"Bran and Rickon are captives in Winterfell. Sansa and Arya are captives in King's Landing. I have five children, and only one of them is free." Catelyn argue. Dyanna knew she will never understand, she was not a mother but this was war and have Jaime Lannister was a victory for the North. Now the North has nothing.

"I lost one son fighting by your son's side. I lost another to the Kingslayer, strangled with a chain. You commit treason because your children are prisoners? I would carve out my heart and offer it to the Father, if he would let my sons wake from their graves and step into a prison cell." Lord Karstark argue. He too lost sons but he knew what war meant.

"I grieve for your sons, my lord."

"I don't want your grief. I want my vengeance. And you stole it from me."

"Killing Jaime Lannister would not buy life for your children, but returning him to King's Landing may buy life for mine." Catelyn knew she will always fight for her children. Even if it kills her. She will die knowing her children will be safe.

"Jaime Lannister has played you for a fool. You've weakened our position. You've brought discord into our camp. And you did it all behind my back. Make sure she's guarded day and night." The guards nodded.

"Robb. How many men did we send in pursuit of the Kingslayer?" Catelyn ask.

"Forty, Your Grace." A guard spoke up.

"Send another 40 with our fastest horses." Robb order.

"Robb." Robb could not heat or look at his mother. He exits the tent.

Dyanna stood up and heading for the door. "I did it for the girls." She heard. Catelyn said. Dyanna turn around

"And you trusted a Lannister. The ones he put a sword over your Husband head. And put the end of Ned Stark." Dyanna left and knew she needed to fight harder to win this war.