26-THE KING IS DEAD

Dyanna didn't expect meeting her cousin. Especially with the brotherhood without banners. Dyanna didn't know what to feel, her emotions have been all over the place. She was weary of Ned, yes he was her cousin but still a stranger. In her experience family could betray you.

The brotherhood had enter the cave now. The brothers and Dyanna sat next to each other and Beric made his way to Ned. Thoros was no where to be seen. They were enjoying there meal, or Dyanna was trying to enjoy her meal.

"It's not the best, but we survive off it." Beric commented.Larence looks at him. "We haven't had a real home meal in so long. This will do." Beric smiles. Daryn sat observing Ned. He was young, he was to be Lord of Starfall. What was he doing being with the brotherhood.

"I heard you going to Starfall?" Ned spoke up. The brothers looking at Dyanna. She was drinking her ale. She drunk all of it and looked into her cousin eyes. "Aye, we are." Ned nodded.

Everything was quiet. It was now Dyanna's turn to talk. "Why are you here? With the brotherhood?" The question that was in Daryn mind was about to be answered.

"I am his squire." Dyanna narrow her eyes on him. "We know that. But it doesn't answer how you became to be his squire?" Daryn told Ned.

Ned looks at Beric. "I was betrothed to lady Allyria Dayne of Starfall." Dyanna looked at Beric.

"Yet you didn't marry her?" Dyanna ask. Beric stares at the fire.

"No I did not. I have to admit I have forgotten the color of her hair." Beric whisper the last part. Beric knew the may times he died, he lost a part of his memories. The memories of a beautiful woman he was to marry. It sadden him. But the Lord of Light had different plans.

"I took Ned as my ward, then he became my squire. His young, but he knows how to survive." Beric smiles. Dyanna noticed the respect they had for each other. She notice how much Ned looked up to Beric.

"But your Lord Of Starfall?" Ned nods. "I am. The castle will remain their, it's under the best care. In order to be a good Lord I have to understand how the world works. The world is cruel, I don't tend to be a cruel lord." Ned says going back to his meal. Dyanna stares at him and smiles. Ned wasn't like most people she met. He wasn't control by power. He was just a young boy, trying to learn all he could.

"Whose protecting Starfall?" Daryn ask.

"They very same woman I was to marry." Beric answer.

"Aunt Allyria. She be happy to see you. But I should warn you, she isn't keen about outsiders." Ned stares at Larence and Daryn.

"Will she take us in?" Dyanna was worried about her aunt rejected them. She was heading towards a stranger for help.

"Your family Dyanna. All I ever heard growing up was stories of your father. How he was the best swordsman to ever live. You are the only living thing she has left of him." Ned truthfully told her.

"I'm not like my father." Dyanna admits. Her father was loyal, he protected his king, Dyanna couldn't do that, she couldn't protect her king.

"I speak the truth Dyanna. I don't know you, but for the little time I spent with you, you have the qualities I heard so much of your father. He was strong, loyal and a great fighter. You are everything great your father was. I'm not only speaking about Your real father but also Lord Stark." Ned said what he was thinking.

Dyanna gave a sad smile.

"Your cousin speaks wise words." Beric said. The group heard laughter coming inside the cave. Thoros had finally returned. I big smile plaster on his face. He was so drunk.

"Please don't stand up." Thoros made his way to the group. He had received good news, great news.

"Where have you been?" Ned ask Thoros. Thoros process to continue to drink more.

"Out." Thoros simply reply's.

"I have some words from Kingslanding."Thoros smiles. Dyanna stares at Thoros.

"What is it?" Ned ask. Thoros laughs.

"King Joffrey is dead! Poison at his own wedding. There calling it the purple wedding." Thoros laughs, while everyone is still processing the news. Beric and Ned and the brotherhood were the first to celebrate.

Dyanna was upset she was not able to witness his death. She hated Joffrey. She will never forget the time he made her and Sansa look at Lord Stark's head on a spike. He was a monster and she was glad he was dead. Wish it was her that had done it.

"Who killed him?" Dyanna ask. Thoros looks at her.

"They said the imp did it. Can you believe it, his uncle." Thoros continues to celebrate. Daryn and Larence decided to celebrate.

Beric looks at Dyanna. "His dead, the little bastard is dead." But all she could think about was Sansa.

"Any word about Sansa? She was married to Tyrion." Dyanna ask Thoros.

"She fled the city. No one knows where she is." Dyanna nods. The Sansa she knew was a scared little girl. When she had ask Sansa that night to escape with her, she was to scared. Now that she had fled the city, Dyanna only hope her sister is safe.

"A toast!" Thoros shouted the brotherhood all shouted.

"The King is dead!" Thoros shouted. Dyanna stood up and decided to toast to that.

"The King is dead!"