|| 35 ||

CHAPTER - 35
-NEW NEIGHBOUR-

•°~°•

A R U S H I

I was sitting on the balcony when I felt hands around my waist from behind. I flinched and turned. "R-Randhir." I gasped as he snuggled his face in my neck. He started kissing, spreading tingles all over my body. I gripped his shoulder,"Ra-ndhir. W-What are you doing ?" He sighed.

I knew I wasn't doing good with him but I was still having trust issues and I was also not so comfortable with him so these things were a little uncomfortable for me.

"I don't know when you're gonna start feeling the same for me," I heard him muttering underneath his breath. I frowned with confusion. What was he saying ? "Anyways, let's go. I have someone who needs to meet you." He held my hand. I smiled and nodded.

He guided me to the neighbour. I clutched onto his arms. He blinked, reassuring me before pressing the bell. After what felt like two minutes or more, the door creak opened. A lady of my Anjali di's age came out. She smiled at me,"Oh god..fuck. you're so beautiful. Randhir, is she your wife ?" He agreed with a smile.

"Damn, so pretty. Come inside." She pulled me inside. I saw an old man in a wheelchair. His head was tilted as if he was paralyzed. We all sat on the couch just beside him.

She might have noticed me staring at him as she spoke,"he is my father. His health is not so good but he is better now."

"Oh I am so sorry for you. I will pray for him so that he gets better." I pursed my lips together. "Did you hear that, dad? She said she will pray for you." He made some movements. His fingers moved. She chuckled,"he heard that."

"How do you know each other ?" I asked. "Oh. I am Isabella Jones. We met each other in college, well he always used to stay away from girls but once we got a project to work together. There we talked with each other for the first time. Then we became friends but after studies he left for India. Then surprisingly when he shifted here I met him once again after that we are again friends. When he told me about you, I was so shocked." She laughed.

"That's it." Randhir scratched the back of his neck. "By the way, would you like to try some homemade sweets?" We nodded. She handed us bowls which were containing a rectangular sponge cake, it looked like it but it wasn't that. Believe me, it's smell and look were mouth watering. I took half a spoon, pretty scared of the taste but unexpectedly it turned out to be a delicious sweet dish.

"Oh my good god, it's so delicious." She thanked me,"thank you. It's my father's recipe which he taught me when he was a chef." She caressed her father's hand. I adored their relationship.

.. . ..

"Bye, bye," we bid each other goodbyes before leaving her house. "Did you enjoyed spending time with Isabella ?" Randhir queried as soon as we entered in our room. "Yup. A lot. In Fact, we have planned that this weekend we gonna have a girls night. She said she wants me to meet her friends." I grinned and squealed gripping his hands.

"Are you sure you wanna hang out with them ? What if you have a panic attack ?" He looked worried. "Don't worry, we will be in her house. We aren't going out." I assured him.

He sighed,"alright then."

"I don't have any work now. Do you want to watch any movie with me ?" He asked. I tilted my head,"mm..okay."

"Great. I will ask Amanda to make us some popcorn." He walked out. I sat at the edge of the bed and examined the TV. I noticed a switch but why to rush, so I waited for Randhir !

I was scrolling through my phone checking my insta DMs. Damn..creepy men are everywhere on the internet. Stupid flirts. Hmph. I went back to whatsapp. I instantly received a message from Riya.

Riya - hey babes.
- Watcha doin' ?

Arushi - NM. Just Chilling.

Riya - I don't think newly weds chill ;)

Arushi - Whatever -_-

Riya - Just kidding, girl.
- Chill. XD

Arushi - It's not funny 🙄
- Ttyl. Need to go, bye.

Riya - Hey, wait.
- Where are you going ? don't leave me alone.

Arushi - Randhir and I are going to watch a movie so bye ;)

Riya - duh ! Bye. -_-

I chuckled at her messages. "With whom are you talking ?" Randhir sat beside me. "oh, it's Riya." I replied.

"What type of movie do you wanna watch ?" he questioned, taking the remote. He already switched on the TV while I was chatting with Riya. "Anything would work."

"What about action ?" He raised an eyebrow at the TV screen. "Okay, cool." I whistled. He let out a chortle.

A knock interrupted us. "Come in." Randhir ordered darkly. What's wrong with this man ? "Here you snacks,sir." Amanda kept the bowl in front of us and left. "Why you act so meanie ?" I poked his cheek. "To keep people in discipline you need to act mean some time or else they start crossing their limits." He stated wrapping his arm around my shoulder, pulling me near. I nodded, understanding.

We saw this movie, Fast and Furious 8 which was seemingly Randhir's favourite. It was interesting, to be honest. I liked it.

After finishing the movie. We went downstairs with the empty bowls. My legs were almost numb because of sitting continuously for so long but it was worth it though. HE HE.

We had our dinner and padded back to our room. "This day was such a great day, wasn't it ?" I exclaimed, collapsing on the bed. He hummed and laid near me. He covered us with the comforter. I stared at his sleeping face. He looked so calm while he slept. I started missing bhai and bhabhi. Hah..! I hated this feeling. It is so frustrating when you miss someone and feel something in your chest.

I closed my eyes trying to sleep but it was far away from me. "I miss you both." I whispered very lightly wishing bhai and bhabhi could hear me.

~to be continued~

Words : 1048

Published : 07 Mar 2022

•••••

Thank you so much for waiting patiently.

I hope you guys enjoyed it.

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow for more

Writer,
Pratibha