Chapter 1 - Prologue

Harry sat glumly at his desk. Every other year of defence against the dark arts had not been the most enjoyable class for him. And now a mass murderer was after him.

What had he done to deserve this? An orphan with a horrible uncle and aunt as his guardians. As if that wasn't enough, the dark lord was supposedly after him or going to be when he returned.

Shuffling parchment and books was all Harry heard before the door swung open. He watched as the professor walked in. It was the man he had seen on the train when the dementors showed up. He had brown hair that was starting to grey despite the fact that he couldn't be older than his mid to late thirties. Thin scars marked his face.

"No parchment or books needed today." He strolled across the room. "Please form a line."

With everyone standing up to do this, Harry barely heard Dumbledore enter into the classroom. "Terribly sorry to interrupt, Mr. Lupin."

"Not at all."

"You were told you that you'd have a teaching partner, correct?" The professor nodded.

"Well.." Dumbledore trailed off as the door burst open.

A girl strolled into the room. Her wild coppery hair reached at least her mid back and she had startling amber eyes. A Slytherin scarf was draped effortlessly around her neck as if she had thrown it on.

Harry was surprised to see that Professor Lupin's face had gone deathly white.

Dumbledore, noticing the professor's shock, turned to the students. "May I introduce, Professor Davi."

A/N: Okay, I've decided that I will write this fanfiction, but I won't be updating it until December because I want to finish my Maze Runner one first since two at a time really stresses me out. I was going to write a Prequel instead so I might try and add parts of that into this. Thank you so much for all the reads on Obliviate and The Girl With The Amber Eyes. <3

{10/05/15} approximately?