Chapter 6 - DADA With Snivellus Snake

Most Dialogue of Snape 'teaching' belongs to J.K. Rowling

"As I was saying before Potter and Davi interrupted, Professor Lupin has not left any record of the topics you have covered so far-"

Lyra inhaled sharply but Hermione beat her to responding.

"Please, sir, we've done Boggarts, Red Caps, Kappas and Grindylows," Hermione stated quickly, "and we're just about to start-"

"Be quiet." Snape's black eyes observed the room. "I was not asking for information. I was merely commenting on Professor Lupin's lack of organization."

Lyra's face flushed red. "Severus, I'm right here."

A student blurted out that Remus was the best Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher they had ever had and the rest of the class murmured in agreement. Snape looked furious and much more menacing.

Ringing in her ears caused Lyra to miss whatever nonsense Snape had said next but she watched as he flipped to the end of the textbook, obviously knowing that they hadn't been taught that yet.

"Werewolves." That one word caused her to snap at Snape. (Heh heh hehh)

"Severus."

Snape glared at her, eyes flashing but they didn't reach the level of fury that was currently present in Lyra Davi's fiery eyes that looked as though they were flaming with the intensity of her amber irises.

"Davi, you're nearly as bad as Miss Granger. Restrain yourself!" He said at the exact moment Hermione said, "But, sir, we're not supposed to do werewolves yet, we're due to start Hinkypunks-"

"Miss Granger, I was under the impression that I was taking this lesson, not you-"

Lyra strode forward, slamming her hands down on the teacher's desk. "You may not call me that as though I am a student in one of your classes. I have about as much authority as yourself, Snape."

His gaze scanned the class. "Turn to page three hundred and ninety four." His eyes shifted around the room. "All of you! Now."

He lowered his voice, turning to Lyra, his tone deadly calm. "Move on? That's hilarious. It's so obvious that's what you did. Still angry about being called a halfbreed? I don't see you forgiving me."

Lyra leaned in towards him, eyes slits from how narrowed they were. "I don't remember hearing an apology."

"Then forgive me, professor Carrow," He spat out, "I'm sorry."

Lyra smiled. "You are not forgiven." She pushed herself away from his desk. "You should've tried about seventeen years ago when I was still a forgiving person."

His voice echoed in her ears as she turned away from him. "But you haven't forgiven the glorious marauders fully, have you?"

She spun around to face him once more. "No. They bullied me for years. As if my life wasn't bad enough, they made it worse. Did you know, I almost couldn't produce a patronus back in school due to my lack of happiness?" She smirked oddly as if she had told a joke. But it could've been assumed that she was just smirking bitterly.

"Then why did you forgive them? You and me, we were so alike once."

Her expression went blank and there was no trace of a smile on her lips. "Because I did something you never could. Lily and I both. She grew up, I grew up."

Her glare and voice softened. "Why couldn't you?"

Lyra thought she saw some spark of recognition in his eyes and she remembered what he must've been thinking about.

"Sev, they'll all be Death Eaters someday, why won't you listen to me?"

"How would you know, Lyra? You left Slytherin."

"It's not like I had any choice. If you want any chance with Lily, you'll heed my warnings."

He looked up in disbelief. "How do you-"

"Of course I know that you fancy Lily." She lowered her voice. "But that's okay."

Snape's words rang through her mind. "How do know their intentions? You don't have the best judgement, do you? You're letting that, er, whatever it is that you feel for Black get too far."

"Too far?" She whipped her head up. "There's nothing between us! He hates me and I hate him. What else is there?"

"They're not as wonderful as everyone thinks, and Potter, he fancies Lily and Black fancies you or so everyone says."

"I'm aware." She snapped. "I don't think they're wonderful. Nor does Lils."

"But a lot of people you have thought were okay weren't. Remember, Regulus?"

"Of course I do." She smiled as if recalling something. "I was very fond of him."

"He's a death eater."

Her smile evaporated off of her face. "That's terrible to assume."

"I'm not assuming, I-"

Lyra raised her eyebrows, waiting for him to elaborate on the topic but he didn't go on.

"Severus Snape," her voice had gained a disappointed tone as if she were a parent scolding her son. "I fear you're worrying so much about Potter's towering ego that your own pride will be your downfall."

{12/07/15}