Chapter 13 - Freed

A/N: I'm gonna be busy on Friday so here, have the chapter now.

Lyra Davi was used to the long days and nights lying on the cold stone floor of her prison cell in Azkaban.

Lying flat on her sore back, clutching the ground with her bloody hands and breathing heavily, watching the shadows of Dementors moving around to torture some other unfortunate wizard or witch.

She couldn't find much sympathy within herself for them. Most of them were murderers or Death Eaters. Or both. Lyra had been there over a year by then.

Her heartbeat drummed in her head, hurting her skull.

She felt the familiar icy feeling and pull as another Dementor approached her. Lying still and trying not to react much, she could feel any happy thoughts she had left draining. One thing Sirius had said once before echoed in her ears and she repeated it in her mind.

'I'm innocent.'

But, by then, most of her good thoughts and emotions had turned sour. A boiling hatred had rooted itself deep inside her, in the pit of her stomach and buried in her chest.

Time lapse

A shadow fell over the crumpled girl and Lyra waited, anticipating the horrible pain. But none came.

She opened her eyes, vision blurring. A strange looking man stood there as if expecting her to scramble to her feet.

She closed her eyes again, willing her sanity to return but a voice broke into her thoughts.

"Ms. Davi?"

"We've come to break you out."

"You've looked better."

Opening her eyes once more, black spots dotting her vision, she realized there were four people standing there.

She made a move, as if to stand up, but fell back down, writhing in agony. One of the four people in the group rushed forward, helping her stumble to her feet.

The person who had helped her up was a girl with bubble gum pink hair that she didn't recognize.

Trembling, as she hadn't stood up in nearly a year and a half, Lyra rocked back and forth on her feet, waiting for her eyes to adjust.

"You look awful, Davi."

Lyra's eyes snapped to the man standing near the back of the group. His hair had been cut so it only reached his shoulders again. A low growl rumbled through her throat.

Lyra's appearance was completely horrendous, the four took note of. The coppery colour of her hair had faded considerably, it was now a dull, less gingery shade of copper. It was matted and the ends were split, it hung to her waist but appeared as though it had grown much longer before many strands were ripped off from the bottom. Her skin was unnaturally tight on her face and although her brilliant amber eyes gleamed out of their sockets, dark bags hung beneath them.

"M-my w-wand was s-snapped." She mumbled, voice hoarse.

The strange man that she initially hadn't recognized nodded. She had realized from the strange robotic eye he possessed, that he was Alastair (idk if I spelt that right) 'Mad-Eye' Moody.

"No need to worry."

The fourth person, she knew when she finally caught a glimpse of him, was Remus.

His face didn't bring her any comfort like she thought it would. All of her happy feelings for him had been long since erased.

She felt more comfortable with the two strangers than her former friends.

She shot a questioning look at the girl, raising an eyebrow, not wishing to speak.

The girl grinned and it sent a wave of reassurance through Lyra, much like the effects of one of Lily's smiles. "Tonks," she held out her hand, "heard much about you, Lyra Davi."

"Th-that's not my n-name anymore." She croaked.

"Then, who are you?" Something like annoyance was present on Mad eye's face.

"I don't know."

Time lapse

It took about ten minutes for them to get out of Azkaban.

Lyra swallowed. "What year is this?"

"1995 July." Mad eye grunted.

Summoning brooms, her four companions stared at her, waiting for her to grab one but she didn't.

Sirius then stepped forward. "She can share my broom, she obviously hasn't flown for-"

"-a year and one month." Lyra said shortly. Sirius looked taken aback. "No, not you."

Tonks stepped up to them. "You can fly with me, Lyra."

Nodding, Lyra thanked her but Mad eye shook his head, fake eye rolling. "Nonsense, she'd be a lot better off with someone she's known for quite some time."

Tonks agreed before retreating to her broom. Lyra shook her head before saying, "I'll be fine, I can fly a broom better than I can walk."

Mad eye shoved a broomstick into her arms and motioned for her to go ahead.

Mounting the broom, she pushed off of the ground. Wobbling through the air, she flew in circles but she just couldn't get used to it. It was much different than her old broomstick back in school. She assumed it was gone now. The locked up possessions she possessed had most likely been removed from her office. Stumbling off of the broom, she fell to her knees.

Mad eye didn't appear to be surprised. Nor did Remus or Sirius. Tonks looked sympathetic. Glaring, Lyra got on the back of the broom Sirius was holding.

After Mad eye muttered an incantation she didn't know, they were off.

Holding onto the back of the broom tightly and attempting to not flip backwards off the end of it, she watched as they flew down by the water. She gazed around at the world she hadn't seen for what felt like forever intently.

She heard Sirius' voice from in front of her, drifting back over his shoulder. "It only makes sense that the two criminal escapees are paired together." Lyra tensed.

"And who's fault is that?" She hissed.

Sirius turned around to stare at her in confusion. "What are you talking about, Davi?"

Lyra's eyes flashed. "I told you not to call me that."

Sirius went to face forward again. "Blimey, no need to get defensive."

It was quiet for a long time before Lyra spoke up once more. "So, why'd you do it?"

"Do what?"

"Why'd you tell them I was an animagus?"

Sirius flipped around to stare at her, nearly causing the broom to plummet into the water before he caught his control. "You're an animagus?"

"Yes," Lyra shifted uncomfortably, "I was."

A strange expression washed over his face. "You never told me. You didn't trust me."

"For good reason!" She snapped.

"What reason?" He threw his hands up in exasperation. "How did I tell someone if I didn't even know?"

He turned to face forward again, just in time to avoid hitting a bridge and she didn't hear from him for the rest of the ride.

{12/30/15}