Chapter 2 - The Next Meeting

A/N:
Okay, so I've decided I'll update a chapter early since it's been a long time since my last update and you guys have probably lost all interest by now. I'm probably talking to myself rn.

Lyra cleared her throat loudly, silencing the conversation between Dumbledore and Lupin. "Actually I don't go by that anymore."

Dumbledore frowned, disapproval thick in his expression. "Then what do you call yourself?"

Lyra turned to the students that were all frozen in their places, watching the exchange. "I call myself Lyra Carrow." She faced the two other professors again. "Distancing myself from the past, you know?"

Lupin looked away quickly when Professor Carrow's gaze met his. She was the same person but at the same time she wasn't. She was so different. Her usually neatly brushed hair was thrown across her shoulders and back, the typically professional white shirt she was wearing was tucked into her black pants and her shoes were black combat boots.

It was as if he was staring at a mixture of Ara and Gemini Davi with their very different styles, resulting in Lyra's odd attire, and almost nothing remained of her.

"Until the next meeting." Had been the last words that he heard leave her lips for about sixteen years but he was utterly unable to see the woman standing in front of him as the girl he once knew.

Remus was shaken from his thoughts at the slam of the door as Dumbledore retreated into the empty corridor.

Lyra smiled, but it bore no resemblance to how she smiled once. Where one of her bright, genuine smiles that were so natural should've been, a fake one was painted across her lips, not reaching her eyes. They may as well have been replaced with gaping black holes. Her eyes were guarded, closed off and unwelcoming.

There was nothing you could plaster inside your eyes to fool those whom had familiarized themselves with them.

He was jolted from his daze as her startling amber eyes snapped up to meet his suddenly. She appeared to be surprised as if she had just remembered something important.

She turned on her heel. "Bloody hell! Dumbledore!"

The door creaked open and said professor begrudgingly strode in as if he had been standing outside the door, waiting for the girl to holler at him.

Lyra had started whispering sharply to him the moment he appeared in the doorway, under her breath but Remus still caught bits and pieces of it.

"supposed... remind me... send.... 1998, March 30." He caught sight of white paper, an envelope being handed to the headmaster before Lyra quickly turned back around, her empty eyes and painted smile flashing across her face again.

"Sorry.. where were we?" Her apology was directed towards the students and Remus had to fight himself not to reply as if it was directed toward him and say it was okay.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Remus glanced up before going back to his book. A girl stood at the door, brushing herself off and blushing profusely, yet something drew his eyes back up from the pages. Her eyes. They were some startling shade of orange, not one he had ever seen before. They were studying his face and he looked away, assuming she was staring at his scars.

Ignoring the conversation, he faintly heard James opening his big mouth.

"Oh, my friends are waiting for me. I best get going now." She backed away, as if being cornered, just as the door crashed open, sending the girl sprawling onto her face.

James burst out laughing hysterically as Sirius swaggered in and the girl muttered into the ground. "What was that?" She tore her face up from the floor to glare ferociously at him.

"Oh!" Remus looked up to see what nonsense Sirius was going to sell this time. "Why, look who it is!" He laughed. "We've gotta stop meeting like this, love."

Remus shook his head, waking up from the flashbacks he so badly wanted to go back to and change. He attempted to tune in to what Lyra had been teaching for the last couple of minutes. He remembered then that they were teaching about Boggarts the first day.

"Who can tell me what a Boggart is?" Glancing over multiple hands, her eyes landed on a brown haired boy sitting in the back with his hair sticking up in many angles.

She quickstepped to his desk, where he was too busy taking notes to notice her until he finally glanced up, seeing her shadow hanging over him. He fidgeted, obviously uncomfortable. "I- sorry, I was just-"

"You're not in trouble." She dropped to her knees, resting her elbows on his desk, studying his face. The boy glanced at the red haired boy next to him but the Weasley, I mean obviously, only shrugged.

She smiled, leaning back on her heels, obviously satisfied. "You must be Harry."

Harry slumped in his seat. "You mean the scar."

"Scar?" Lyra hadn't even spotted the lightning bolt like mark as his hair had been covering it.

A pained look contorted his features as he brushed his hair to the side and Lyra studied it thoroughly with her eyes. She chuckled lightly. "Looks pretty cool if you ask me." She quickly regained her composure. "If you ever see the brute who gave it to you, make sure to tell him I say hey. Right before you kick his arse, of course."

Harry nodded, confused. "No one speaks of him, did you know him? He who must not be named?"

Lyra snickered humourlessly. "Oh I met Voldemort. He stole a lot from me. Much that was precious to me once."

"Ly!" She heard Remus' scolding voice behind her and turned, irritating, to see him approaching her. She hadn't realized that he had been teaching the rest of the students in her absence.

"I thought I told you not to call me that. Did that escape your mind in the last sixteen years?" She straightened her back, brushing herself off. "And don't tell me what and what not to do or say. I don't fear him. I lost two of my best friends to that rotten git."

She turned to Harry once more, staring into his green eyes. Lily's. "I must ask, Harry, your parents, were they Lily and James Potter?"

Harry nodded mutely. Lyra smiled. "I thought so. You look just like your father. Except your eyes." She walked away from his desk, subtly flashing a thumbs up to herself.

{11/25/15}