Chapter 21 - Dead Ends

Lyra clutched the object Dumbledore had given her between her fingers. She made her way into the forbidden forest, the air thick with clamminess. Coming to a stop in the middle of the grounds, she opened her hand to look at it.

The resurrection stone sat firmly inside the palm of her hand. The words in the note echoed throughout her mind.

'Isabella Gaunt's family has passed down this stone for decades and was the only deathly hallow that we hadn't gained possession of until her death.'

A/N: This might not be the greatest chapter since I wrote this before a lot of earlier ones and changed a lot.

Tears streamed down Lyra Davi's face, filling her already overflowing eyes and blurring her sight. Sobs tore themselves free from her throat.

Closing her eyes, she turned the stone three times in between her fingers, holding her breath. She felt the air stir around her as she reopened them.

She inhaled sharply, wanting to cry and scream and just let out all of her emotions that had been bottled up for years on end.

She lost everyone she loved. Yet here they stood in front of her.

Gemini, Ara, her mother, Lily and Sirius.

Her sisters looked younger than when they died. Ara was smiling, the kind glint in her eyes that had been missing for a very long time had since returned. Gemini appeared to be happier than Lyra had ever seen her. Her blue eyes were warm, staring back at her, her fierce glare had softened.

Leonie Carrow was as much like her as everyone told her. She seemed to be between the ages of twenty one to twenty five. The only facial feature she possessed that wasn't exactly like her daughter's were her brown eyes. Although she was apparently happy, she looked weary as if she had been unwillingly brought back before.

Lily's blazing red hair was brighter than ever, her almond green eyes full of laughter.

Sirius was himself again. At least appearance wise. His hair was no longer choppy and to his elbows like after Azkaban, nor was his face sunken, nor was he wasted looking anymore. His mouth was curled into his signature smirk like smile.

They were all smiling lovingly at her. Lyra opened her mouth but no words left her lips except another sob.

"Lyric." She shook her head, crying harder as she looked up to her mother.

Leonie was smiling though there was concern and sadness in her expression now. "You've been so strong. So, so very strong."

Ara and Lily both stayed back, their presences reassuring the poor broken girl as the blonde girl strode forward.

Gemini smirked as she reached Lyra. "You look awful."

"Gem." Lyra breathed out.

Gemini's smirk melted off like candle wax. She spoke gently which was greatly out of character for the girl. "It's me," she nodded. "I'm here."

"You - you're all here." She tightened her grip on the stone, not wanting them to leave her vision ever again. This was a vast improvement over Boggarts or The Mirror of Erised.