Chapter 3 - Boggarts

A/N:
Short little chapter today. I'm updating early because why not? Next chapter will be December first.

Lyra stood slightly off to the side as Remus made the students form a line in front of the wardrobe that entrapped the boggart.

"Who would like to go first?" No one made a sound. "Neville! How about you?"

Lyra crossed her arms. "Remember to use Riddikulus."

The wardrobe unlocked and Neville, a pale boy who deeply resembled his mother, stepped up to it. He appeared to be shaking like a leaf in the wind.

The class surrounding him all stood in silence as the boggart began to shift. When it finally stopped, a figure emerged. Severus Snape.

Neville seemed to have frozen in place, unsure of what to do. A few students around him attempted to remind him of what to say but he made no effort to say or do anything.

Lyra could just barely make out Remus whispering something into Neville's ear and finally it looked as though he had gained enough confidence.

"Riddikulus!" In only seconds, Snape had been changed into a whole new attire. He was wearing a fluffy coat, a flowery hat and held a handbag that resembled one someone's grandmother would have.

Lyra walked up to Neville, patting his shoulder in praise. "You sure you've never encountered a boggart before? You seem to be a natural." She snickered, having set her eyes on Snape.

Neville mumbled a thanks under his breath before adding; "Well, nothing a boggart could imitate couldn't be changed. It could be fixed."

Lyra shook her head. "Not always." She turned abruptly, facing the boggart so that it started to shift again. (Any ideas anyone?)

The students watched in awe, waiting to see what it would show that time. Remus stood anxiously, his face paler than usual.

It finally stopped shifting and became clear images flashing in front of his eyes. He had briefly expected to see him and his fellow marauders standing there again. Almost. But this was much different than before.

Each time Lyra said the word, the image only changed, going onto the next one in a long line. They were all different people. He could easily tell who some of them were.

The first one that appeared wasn't much of a shock.

A bloodied Gemini Davi lay at Lyra's feet, clutching her chest and blood running from her lips. And then she was gone as the image was replaced.

Both Noelle and Melody were next. One of the twins was slumped against a wall while the other girl had a knife buried in her stomach.

Then it changed again. Ara Davi fell to the floor, the life leaving her as some curse hit her full on, forcing her to meet her demise as she saved the blonde girl that later died avenging her.

Then there was Lily Evans and Marlene McKinnon. Marlene's screams rang through the room as fresh as if they had just left her throat while Lily was quickly struck down by Voldemort himself as she tried to protect her son.

The rest of the times it changed, they all sort of blurred together, none standing out as much. Apollo and Cassiopeia Carrow nee Black. Leonie Davi. A muggle man who must've been their father abandoning them. Isabella Gaunt. Her family.

Her worst fear was facing their memories every time she closed her eyes. Her worst fear was losing everyone she loved. But she already had.

And then they were gone.

Silence followed the display of events. Lyra turned away from them, moving across the classroom in a steady pace as if she hadn't just seen her friends and family die again. But it was quite obvious that wasn't the first time she saw it reoccur. Perhaps she saw it in her dreams. Or maybe she used boggarts repeatedly just so that she could see them all again.

Probably both.

{11/28/15}